• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

"Family Guy" Boat Ramp Video.......

Yup, very funny...when it’s someone else.

If you’ve boated for a while you’ve made at least one mistake at the ramp you’d like back. I’ve forgot to put the plug in once or twice and once pulled the boat out with the leg down dragging the keg up the ramp for 10 feet till my Son got my attention.

Ego bruises only, but still.

Karzrus, I don't remember ever really embarrassing myself at the boat ramp to badly. (I can even back a hay trailer....).

I do remember an incident when I first got my 30' Convincer OB on the water. It was a very windy day and I was going down a narrow channel that dead ended with docks on both sides. I tried to do a 180' but the wind caught me and blew me sideways further down the channel. I kept on trying to power the nose into the wind but there wasn't enough room and finally.....boom against a dock! Of coarse, there were tons of folks sitting on their boats watching the entertainment.......:brickwall:

And then there was the time I threw my brand new box anchor out in the water ........without the rope! Never did find it........:banana:

Best one I ever saw was up on Lake Erie. At a state ramp everyone is floating around, waiting in line to load their boat. This jerk, by himself in a bass boat flies in, ties off on the ramp and shuts everyone down. He proceeds to get his truck and trailer, cut in line, backs into the ramp, cuts to the concrete ramp to straighten his trailer out, and takes the rear of his pickup bed out. I can tell I wasnt the only one laughing at him, thinking “karma is a bitch” buddy. Also have seen a s10 submerged in the water at the bottom of a ramp. I was backing a buddies fishing boat in and it drug the rear of his pickup in with boat and trailer. Turns out his rear brake line had popped. No damage, we unloaded the boat and pulled it on out. Was a little freaky for me when I hit the brakes and drug the front tires down the ramp.

Back