• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Fantasy 13 power

ezstriper

Friend has a 13 fantasy w/48 rude, wants to add more power along with tilt/trim, what can these things handle without mods ? thanks Rob

Wildman had one with a 225x on it!! I remember Brian (yellowfiero) had a 2.4l 150 on his. It took some ballast to get it on plane, but once it was there, it was a helluva ride I hear. If he doesn't want to go that crazy, I would think a 90 or 110hp 4cyl would be just fine.

I remember wildmans and knew he did not keep that on long...just looking for realistic engines that would work on a stock boat..thanks

When Brian sold the red flamed one he had, it had a 110 on it. Seemed to run pretty good. With the jackplate it had on it, it needed just a little bit of ballast in the front to help it get on plane. But once it was up there, it was good to go. Probably ran mid 50's if I had to guess, maybe more.

I ran a 60hp Mariner w/ micro jack plate , 18p prop , 30lb sand bag in the bow . 45mph/gps .
Just make sure the deck and hull are sealed around the stern .

If he wants to go wild , a 200hp Merc Sport Jet will fit .

If he's not afraid to meet his maker : Dodge SRT motor built to 400hp bolted to a Turbo-glide 2 speed trans , surface drive . Engine mounted midship , cockpit moved aft .

Steve

Last edited:
90hp merc with seastar hydraulic steering. No issues with balance, had 4" setback, popped up on plane quick and was fun to drive. Saw 53GPS and you could do that with no hands. Was truely the best setup without any safety concerns.
The 115 displacement on demand motor that I rigged for Randy was to heavy and the lighter 90 outperformed it all around.
I was going to rig a 115 mariner inline just to see how it would run but didn't get a chance to before I sold it.

Not sure how the DNR is where he boats but if he goes over 50hp, make sure that he pulls the coast guard plate!:surf:

Back