• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Finally mounted the 250efi on my pulsate next problem

So I finally mounted my new to me motor.

2002 merc 250 efi 3.0 20” shaft
On my 2001 pulsare 2100

I did a little testing today and I’m getting the oil sensor beep. But the tank is filling and she’s blowing blue smoke so I’ll figure that out.

Bigger problem is as soon as I get the boat on plane, the prop blows out. Running a new trophy 4 blade 25p. Motor is mounted in the same position as the old motor. The only way I could get it to stick was bury the jack plate all the way down. Don’t like that cause it’s so low the hydraulic steering will hit the transom if I trim the motor up a little too much.

Took it for a few short runs like that and I cant believe how fast this thing jumps out and gets up to 55+.

Any ideas why this prop keeps blowing out or what it could be? Almost feels like the shaft on the motor is too short like I can’t get it low enough but I measure my old 200efi and they are both 20”.

Could it simply be that the holes on the prop need to be plugged? For now I left the 4 PVS plugs the stock big hole that came with it. I have some others around here that I can try but didn’t think those would make the prop blow out. My 200 had 4 large hole PVS plugs in my 23P trophy and had no problems like this????

did a lot of reading and it seems I’ll need to play with those PVS plugs. Think I might try a Blow out ring first and 4 large plugs. Than work down from there if nessasary

That motor and hull should be an ideal combo. You're on the right track: dial in the set up.

Regarding the oils alarm, I'm unsure on the EFI's, but if you have an external main reservoir you may need to do what I did on my Pro XS when I ran out of oil: take your engine hood off and see if there is a smaller onboard reservoir. If so, make sure it's actually getting completely full from the external. Mine wouldn't actually fill up unless I unscrewed the cap on the onboard reservoir while the motor was idling which allowed the oil to displace the air from the smaller onboard reservoir while it was filling. After I did that it filled all the way and the alarm quit sounding.

don't try the blowout ring total waste of time. Play with the plugs, I have close to the same setup 21 BR Pulsare 26 trophy + 12" of setback hydro jack plate. I found with this combo I need two hole plugged and two with the medium hole installed. I also wish I would have gone with a 27 trophy + since I hit the limiter every once in a while with the 26

Back