• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

floor?

ontopcop

I'm spending the day measuring, cutting, cussing, etc. trying to get the floor stringers and floor templates cut. A question a have is this, it looks like it would be easier and more durable if I have the floor ply cut a little wider than the original floor, so the old floor outline could act as a lip for the new floor. DOES THIS MAKE SCENSE?

Another question, whatever was originally installed under the gas tank sub-floor area was completely rotted away, it did not exist when I tore into this project. I don't recall any particuliar threads that had pics of what the final sub-floor should look like. Is there some sort of box built working as a stringer near the drain plug? Or does the floor just cover this area?

And knees? What are these? I am A$$uming these would be braces from the transom to the hull. But with the gas tank there, would I have enough room for knees? She's a '78 Predictor

I'm sorry that I am asking probobly basic question's but, I figured it would be quicker to learn from you guys & Gals as my teacher.

Thanks again,
Lanny

Thanks.

Thanks Jupiter, thats helped out alot. You had alot more room to work with than I do in the Predictor.Was the pvc so the water had a direction to flow if the bilge area became filled?

Thanks Jupiter, thats helped out alot. You had alot more room to work with than I do in the Predictor.Was the pvc so the water had a direction to flow if the bilge area became filled?

Ontopcop, the Pulsare has the fuel tank in the center of the boat, under the floor with a bulkhead forward of the tank and a bulkhead aft of the tank. The subfloor was used for water to drain from the forward part of the keel, under the tank, and to the transom bilge area. The original subfloors (plywood) were not sealed well and after time they rot. I replaced the subfloor with the PVC glassed to the floor under the "foamed in" fuel tank so the water (if any got in) would flow to the transom where the bilge pump would pump it out. If you study the pictures you'll get a good idea how to do it right!

Back