• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Florida checkmate check in

I'm on the other side in the Tampa Clearwater area. I've only really seen 1 or 2 others mention they are in FL on this forum recently. I'm just about to press the buy button on a Checkmate Vision 220 bowrider.

Hello Florida Chekmate owners :) I wanted to report an awesome day on the Gulf around Tarpon Springs and Anclote Key. A great day out and maiden voyage of my new to me Pulsare 2000. Adding Trim Tabs that @Chillinthemost recommended made running the choppy water a breeze on Sunday. I have some water flow issues I believe related to where they are mounted, but still it helped a lot in any case. Looking forward to getting out there again soon and possibly seeing more Checkmates one day.

KpuvcK7

My wife and I were out on Sunday. We were running around Anna Maria and longboat. Stopped for dinner at Anna Maria oyster bar. Beautiful day.

Seems thread a bit old. I own a clone of the playmate GT. Sebring FL. Nice lake here for speed runs if people want to get together.

How long is the lake? Can you run a couple of miles? Here in Martin County we have the St.Lucie River and every once in a while we have get togethers and run the river out to Lake Okeechobee.

How long is the lake? Can you run a couple of miles? Here in Martin County we have the St.Lucie River and every once in a while we have get togethers and run the river out to Lake Okeechobee.
Yeh we've got some longer runs here. The world record straigtaway boat speed runs were done here and boat drag racing. On a calm day, it's glass and you can go wide open. Lake is shallow though (25ft) so there can be a chop from wind. Craig Arfons was killed here at over 300mph.

Still here after many years on this forum. Running my Pulsare 2400 in the Jupiter/Stuart area!

Attachments

• KEYS 2.jpg
    KEYS 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 11
Tell me about the lake, Is there any restaurants or place we can hang out together?

Im always interested in exploring new locations

Tim
Lake Jackson, Sebring is the name, quite a bit of just off the lake good food, no real on the lake commercial, My dock is big enough for 3 or 4 to tie up, whenever covid crap is over :devil:

1991 Pulse 186 in Stuart. North River Shores. I’ve been out a few times and been to the sandbar and Pecks Lake several times.

Back