• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

FRESH PICS OF THE MX-13 JET BOAT ;)

As for the headers, you do know that fiberglass burns, set my Harley saddlebags on fire and once they start, it was really fun. Do love your project, just be careful, GOOD LUCK!!

Just have to show it some respect, the water as well. Been into fast boats my entire life from 8 years old up. But once it's dialed in I'll let the balls jangle a little hahaha..

As for the glass burning, well aware.. Gona keep a eye on everything and if need be I can add stainless shields under the pipes where they exit over the transom or even wrap them.. Thanks for the compliments all. My battery and crank pulley should be here today, splash down should be in the next couple days..

John

Not yet.. Still have to get the water hooked up, some small wiring of the kill switch.. Had to make a alt bracket and tensioner set up ( fun fun )turned out pin clean and almost looks like we know wtf we are doing ( pops/myself) Had to make a pedal platform for gas pedal since the boat has no real floor, nothing to bolt a pedal to.. That is all done and in.. Just these small things that has to be made ( LOL most of the parts ) is what is taking up the time.. Had to make a battery strap ( bent from stainless to match the battery, took me some time to tap and stud the rails under the back splash cover to mount the battery to.. Trying to keep everything as clean as possible.. Shake down run should be some time over the weekend.. I will have vids for sure.. Will try to get some pictures of the work just finished up to share with y'all..

John..

As for mph ??? I honestly have no idea.. I am only going to be able to spin this A impeller to about 46-4800 with my power.. It could go 45 or it could go 100 lol..

John

I guess Cumberland is a bit far to go for a test splash, but it is about 60 miles long, you could really wind it up????!!

Actually Cumberland is about 100 miles long.

The lake itself is only 66 miles. But you have the Cumberlnad and Southfork rivers that go another 30-40 miles beyond it. Technically the lake doesn't start until the rivers combine at Burnside Marina. So in a way, you are both right. Lol

I guess Cumberland is a bit far to go for a test splash, but it is about 60 miles long, you could really wind it up????!!

Might not be able to hold enough gas to make it that far. Friend of mine has a 19' Baja jet boat with a 454 and it barely gets over 1 mpg. It's sitting in my yard right now.

Hey Sneaky! Great job!

Your boat and my boat could be brothers!

Attachments

• MX-13.jpg
    MX-13.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 44
OK, been a couple of weeks, any updates, new pics or videos????

Sorry been a awhile, got tied up with some things. Boat runs like a dream.. Still was dialing it in and still more to do.. Thinking 90mph is in the bag fairly easy.. Been a best of about 80 with more left. Will upload some vids soon.. runs like it's on rails when it's all out and planted..

Back