• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

FRESH PICS OF THE MX-13 JET BOAT ;)

So I am super close to splash down with the little rocket. Small meticulous things add up but hoping by the weekend we will have it in.. Everything on this boat as far as setting up was made by us, engine plates, brackets for mounting diverter handle, steering rod extension ect ect.. Engine is a 11.5-1 small block Chevy 383. 450 475ish Hp. Has been a fun and at times a pita but it will be all worth it to be out in what we think is the only mx13 jet in the world.. Hoping to put some decent mph numbers out, maybe next season go for more power. As for now it should be plenty, if everything works how it should. Def going to have to feel this little thing out, but should be fun.. Just waiting for my battery to get here and a v belt pulley for the crank.. Shout out to the the dude who started this, had the vision, glad to be able and finish it out.. Here is some photos of the process in no real order..
12_zps5ty91gd8.jpg
5_zps4g1in5da.jpg
4_zpsvpaxey0i.jpg
9_zpsjeh8hox6.jpg
13_zpsadnjsucc.jpg
11_zps59n5yu63.jpg
10_zpsnr89nnmq.jpg
8_zps4qhtlwca.jpg
7_zpsbeti5zr1.jpg
6_zpsjvdsbgro.jpg
2_zpsgzvoq7kp.jpg2_zpsgzvoq7kp.jpg
3_zpsvfqo0dwi.jpg
1_zpscfjea5l8.jpg
seat1_zpsaftg9107.jpg

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy: Dude, that is sweet!!! Has to be a wild ride!! I guess my idea of turning a '16 Predictor into a jet boat isn't all that far fetched after all!! Can't wait to see some video of the boat running man!! :bigthumb: :popcorn:

Thanks all.. Should be a eye catcher for sure.. again, just some small things to do.. All the hard stuff is done. Will have vids for sure... :banana:

John

Very Cool! It looks fun. I can't see water injection tubes on the headers. The headers should be water injected. I think that some proper Rewarder jet headers will keep the boat from catching fire. I used to have a jet and even water injected ones get real hot in no wake zones. Also ditch the crankcase evac and route the breathers to the flame arrestor.

Very Cool! It looks fun. I can't see water injection tubes on the headers. The headers should be water injected. I think that some proper Rewarder jet headers will keep the boat from catching fire. I used to have a jet and even water injected ones get real hot in no wake zones. Also ditch the crankcase evac and route the breathers to the flame arrestor.

Why would I run the vents back to the carb ? As for injection, sure these will get hot but there is nothing to catch on fire. If this were in a inclosed area absolutely would be water cooled.

John

So...where does the passenger sit???:eek: :poke:

The gentleman that I picked this up from originally had intentions of making it a two seater. However after some debate I decided that with this amount of horsepower and size of boat that it would probably be a better idea just to make it a single seater.

Hey Pat.. nice bsn today brotha, thanks for the complement.. Your A1 your self, the work you started is that in the same.. :thumb:

John

cool piece for sure !! great job, the vacupan fittings in the headers need to be angled to work I believe and a adjustable valve to water inject the headers would be a good idea and not a big deal to do

Headers are exactly how they came from hooker.. They have angles cut in the piece that is inside the collector.. As for injecting the headers, these bad boys are staying dry lol,.,. Thanks for the comps.. Got my tach mounted today, it adds to the wtf factor :thumb::D

John

Back