• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Going too fast???

forget trim tabs. I agree with the earlier statement trim tabs will counteract the bow lift you need for speed. The BEST single thing you can do for that Enticer is a manual jack plate. 6" minimum setback, 6" inch with 2 " spacers probably ideal. Like WILDMAN states all over in other posts, 3-3.5" prop shaft below the pad, will be ideal. Need a water pressure gauge also. When experimenting need to be sure you are not sucking air in by having the top skeg hole out of the water. What you are experiencing is the motor is trimmed way to far out to get the LIFT you need to get the hull out of the water and hence more speed. The jackplate with setting the motor further back increases leverage on bow lift so much less trim is needed to get the bow lift. The CMC adjustable plate provides 6" of setback and runs about 300. The 2 inch spacers go for $112. You will be able to find the sweet spot, lock in the manual jack plate and have a great all around setup. i.e. tucking the motor all the way in still pops those skiers, boarders, and tubers out of the water no sweat. Only then can You start playing around with different props for even more top end. A proper jack plate setup will get you 2-3 mph minimum, with no other changes, and what was scary fast becomes smooth.

Jackplate

BTW, meant to add you might find the manual 6" CMC setback plate is just right for that Enticer without the 2" in spacers. When you get into the 2100 Pulsare and 2400 BRX, You really need 10" of setback.

I put a 6 inch jackplate on it. 6 inches setback . Had it up and down all over the place. With the 24" prop it made no difference. At 3 1/2" down it ran about the same as it did bolted to the transom at 5 inches down. Any higher it slowed down dramatically. 60 MPH on the pad.

We'll see how it does with the 150 Merc.

The Renegade will likely be much more stable than Raker. Rakers are known to be an unruly prop. Not a fan. Lots of lift and even more chine walk. You want to set your prop height so that you are not trimming too much. That is what causes these small hulls to get unstable. And you are right they do not benefit a lot speed wise from setback but you should be able to find the sweet spot where you can run 60 without too much trim and nice and stable. I also like the improved handling of the jackplate.

You are right about the limited prop choices for V4's. My experience is that they like small diameter props. The Enticer does not need the big prop of a V6. I doubt switching gearcases will help. Powertech is the one manufacturer that makes dozens of props for these motors. http://www.ptprop.com/

I have a 130 Yamaha on a 6" plate. I am running a 19p Powertech RXB4 to 6000 RPM. This is my ski boat so I need the holeshot. Had a 22p Laser (similar to V4 Raker). Sold it. Unstable and no faster. I had a PTR4 that I sold to my friend for his Enticer. It was faster but too slower out of the hole for my slightly heavier Diplomat. Runs great on his boat. Tried a 21 Ballistic on his Enticer as well and he was hitting 57 MPH with his 115 Yamaha, no jackplate. I would think he would have got 60 solo. They are an odd prop but very fast on these light boats.

Propper set up is the key. Solid motor mounts, 6-12" of setback, tight steering, motor height. Your prop shaft should be somewhere around 1.5"-2" below the pad. A hyd. jackplate will help with both the motor height and setback. You can kill two birds with one stone!

This is my boat running fast...however its the previous owner running.
TE_sigpic.png

It's using very little trim. It has Hydraulic steering and six inches of setback.

I just ran 58 (gps) with my wife and I and about a 1/3 tank of fuel. It has run a best of 64 says the previous owner.

I just put one of those black 150 things on the back we'll e how it does when its all together.

This is my boat running fast...however its the previous owner running.
TE_sigpic.png

It's using very little trim. It has Hydraulic steering and six inches of setback.

I just ran 58 (gps) with my wife and I and about a 1/3 tank of fuel. It has run a best of 64 says the previous owner.

Wired that boat looks like it hulls a** :thumb:

scaled.php

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg822/scaled.php?server=822&filename=cimg1745v.jpg&res=landing

Here's a pick of my set up. Some of it is parallax error but it is basically 3 - 3.5 inch below the pad. My water pressure is around 8 psi I think. It's between the third and fourth hole.

DSCN8611.jpg
DSCN8610.jpg
DSCN8609.jpg

Back