• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Great Lakes Ice

skynet

92% coverage on March 6 2014

Most ice since 1979.

Hard to think of boating living on

Ice Planet Hoth

Icecover2014.jpg

My place is just above Lake Ontario there on the right.:rof:

Yes, I'll be keeping an eye on the Detroit River watching the ice flows coming downriver this spring. I'll keep my camera handy just in case!

Were taking the side by sides out on Lake Erie tomorrow morning, I'm getting reports of between 2 and 3 foot thick. Might be a while before it's gone

Were taking the side by sides out on Lake Erie tomorrow morning, I'm getting reports of between 2 and 3 foot thick. Might be a while before it's gone

Cut a hole in the ice and the fish will probably jump out to get warm.

They are talking that water levels could be up 2 feet this summer on all the Great lakes; good news for a lot of folks. :bigthumb:

I took my antique ice auger out yesterday afternoon, paced off 100 feet straight out from my seawall, and started digging. The auger gave up at 15 inches deep. I'm usually putting my dock in the last weekend of March, but I don't think it will happen this year.

Hey Marlboro, how much ice is still in the St. Lawerence River?

I guess I won't be able to drop my dock in any time soon!

Back