• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Heyo - '93 Clone owner

68Corvette

Just found the forum, have had the Fantasy version of the clone for about 15 years, guess I got a good hull, have pounded the hell out of it and no issues. 50 hp force (hate force but it came on it), 14p, 34 mph by gps. Since the force is a 93 not many prop choices, but 13p winds out with less speed.

Sayin hi, real interested in other o/b prop combos. Really want to finally dump the force.

Sweet looking little boat, on Scream and Fly, Wildman has one of those with a 225 horse Merc bolted to the transom.

Sweet looking little boat, on Scream and Fly, Wildman has one of those with a 225 horse Merc bolted to the transom.

Wow.....bein a two stroke jetski guy, I always think about a conversion, but darned little room. Honestly a 60 merc would likely be perfect. The stern wave on stopping a 225 from a flank bell would be a sinker :)

I'm in trouble now...mrs read some of the info in here and has decided on a 115 for the Playmate GT clone...I only wanted a 60. :brickwall: Any of you near Sebring FL, yell, I'm prob gonna need a hand putting one of those monsters on.

Okay, call me slow. A year later and I've picked up the 115 Merc 6 cyl for the MX13 clone. Also posted on Scream n fly. Looking for info on jack plate, prop pitch. Going to run engine stock, then build till boat can GPS 60mph.

Did you pick up an old TOP Merc, are you sure that's a good idea, those engines are very old and isn't much hop up parts around. I would think there are alot more engine options available today??? And what did you do in the NAV???

Did you pick up an old TOP Merc, are you sure that's a good idea, those engines are very old and isn't much hop up parts around. I would think there are alot more engine options available today??? And what did you do in the NAV???
Yeh it's an 86 TOP. Best year of them. It was supercheap so a nice base, and I know these old engines. I can get it to 150hp easily, I'm sure I'll outgrow it when 60mph isn't enough :). Fast attack submarine yoyo.

yup. after rating change, which for merc was always understated anyway :). Outboards in my area have gone nutty in price the last couple of years. I'll get more for my 93 Force 50 than what I paid for this, it was a really good deal.

Come with the control box?? What shape is the wiring inside the wrap cover?? CDI has a good replacement. Yeah, prices are going nuts, you might want to keep an eye out for a chopper prop, just picked up a 22 pitch chopper in Fort Lauderdale, wonder what TSA thought of that in my checked luggage. And another thing, there is a guy on Scream and Fly that punches louvers in the wrap like the XS Mercs

Come with the control box?? What shape is the wiring inside the wrap cover?? CDI has a good replacement. Yeah, prices are going nuts, you might want to keep an eye out for a chopper prop, just picked up a 22 pitch chopper in Fort Lauderdale, wonder what TSA thought of that in my checked luggage. And another thing, there is a guy on Scream and Fly that punches louvers in the wrap like the XS Mercs
Wiring looks good, one wire isn't connected, black yellow, which should go to shutoff/kill switch, isn't connected engine side. PO was manually grounding to stop engine. I have to figure that one out, could be it's meant to go to ground and it's a bad switch.

Back