• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I Have an Addiction!

Great work! Which prop and lower were you using? Did you switch to the Sporty? I squeezed 75 out of mine with the standard 250 on it and a 24 Trophy a couple of inches below the keel and it tapped the limiter a couple of times. I have a 26 Chopper so I'm hoping to see a little more with that prop and the motor higher.

John

Great work! Which prop and lower were you using? Did you switch to the Sporty? I squeezed 75 out of mine with the standard 250 on it and a 24 Trophy a couple of inches below the keel and it tapped the limiter a couple of times. I have a 26 Chopper so I'm hoping to see a little more with that prop and the motor higher.

John

John, I ran a Trophy Plus 27 on my Torque Master Gearcase.

Thanks Steve. Sounds like this chopper may be just right then. How much setback on your rig?

Last question for now, what rpm is that thing turning with that set up? Trying to figure out where mine is in comparison.

Thanks Steve. I tapped the limiter a time or two the day I ran 75 with a 24. That equals about 7% slip which is similar to the number I'm getting for your set up so it's not unreasonable to think I may get close to 80 with some more set up tweaking on mine. I don't want to push the motor back any further though.

Back