• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I'm really geeked!!

I think all I/O's tend to "walk or "waggle" while they are idling. Once you get used to it its fine. Most of the time you don't even have to correct it as it will bring itself back. I know my Dad's Baja walks back and forth a lot more than my 253.

Thanks! I'm sure it is just me getting use to a longer boat.
Actually, now that I think of it, current and wind probably plays a large roll in it.

My Persuader didn't have any flake in it, until I drove it for the first time...:rof:

:shakehead:

Too funny!

Hack, I noticed that you list Pinckney in your location. I have a friend that boats on Pinckney lake his wife's brother has a place on Colony which is on one of the canals.

I have a friend that boats on Pinckney lake his wife's brother has a place on Colony which is on one of the canals.

Colony is across the canal from me. View of the canal. That's Colony across the water:

20160507_150232_zpsolwpyqan.jpg

I'm on Kennedy. I've probably seen them at one time of the other during the summer. My lake house is the fifth house from the lake (on the Kennedy side). There actually three 'canals', but they aren't true canals, because they don't connect to anywhere. More like long lagoons that the developer dug decades ago. With the DNR the way they are now, that could never be done again.

Colony is across the canal from me. View of the canal. That's Colony across the water:

20160507_150232_zpsolwpyqan.jpg

I'm on Kennedy. I've probably seen them at one time of the other during the summer. My lake house is the fifth house from the lake (on the Kennedy side). There actually three 'canals', but they aren't true canals, because they don't connect to anywhere. More like long lagoons that the developer dug decades ago. With the DNR the way they are now, that could never be done again.

You probably know exactly where their house is. They rebuilt it maybe about 5 or so years ago. They had to sink pilling in for the footings. Couple of jet skis, a pontoon and an older Bayliner in front of their place.

You probably know exactly where their house is. They rebuilt it maybe about 5 or so years ago. They had to sink pilling in for the footings. Couple of jet skis, a pontoon and an older Bayliner in front of their place.
I've only been out there for a year, so I'm getting to know all the neighbors. Difficult task for me, because I suck at remembering names, and I'm only out there a few days a week. Right now I'm on a 'first name only' basis with most of them. Do you know if they are on the same canal I'm on, or the one west of it? That one is a bit narrower, but not as narrow as the one on the east side of Kennedy.

I've only been out there for a year, so I'm getting to know all the neighbors. Difficult task for me, because I suck at remembering names, and I'm only out there a few days a week. Right now I'm on a 'first name only' basis with most of them. Do you know if they are on the same canal I'm on, or the one west of it? That one is a bit narrower, but not as narrow as the one on the east side of Kennedy.

Yes they face Kennedy. Their house is right next to a vacant lot (south). Newer two story with a lot of paver sidewalk work.

Yes they face Kennedy. Their house is right next to a vacant lot (south). Newer two story with a lot of paver sidewalk work.
Her name Shirley or Cheryl? There's a two story almost directly across from me, but not next to a vacant lot.

Her name Shirley or Cheryl? There's a two story almost directly across from me, but not next to a vacant lot.

His name is Ken, can't remember hers. I'll have to make sure and look you up next summer. My buddy usually gets a free week up there around 4th of July and I always stop by.

Definitely stop by! I will be out there that weekend for certain, as there is always a huge fireworks show on Portage Lake. I'm thinking it will be July 1st next year when they do it. It's crazy busy that night.

Back