• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

July 4th and 8th - Greenwood Lake, NY

The kids party there at night (and usually leave a mess for us) so I wouldn't be surprised if you came back to a beer and vomit stained Hawaiian shirt on the beach and your boat nowhere to be found. :)

He is accustom to this type of greeting at the beach... vomit and bird sh!t on his shirts:rof:

What marina are you guys going to launch at, and what time? I plan to leave my house no later than 8am, which should put me there just after 10am at the lastest. Sim, I will be running up 206 right through Princeton - would you like to meet up and trailer up there together? Along the same line - Kris, we won't be too far from you on our trek north, would you be interested in meeting up and making a "Northbound Checkmate Trio"?

Looking forward to hitting the water tomorrow with fellow Checkmates:bigthumb:

Will call you later

I'm planning on Willow Point first, it they're not an option then de feos is just past it. We've all launched there a few times.

As an update - great day yesterday on Greenwood for the Liberty Mates gang:
knarloid, atc250r, Ramifications, Sim

As expected for a holiday, Charlie's Cove was packed with the ever accomodating locals (thanks for letting us use one of the bbq's!!!). In between resetting my anchor, I was swimming and towing hot dogs to the boat on the ringo. A few of us anchored over the sandbar at the NY end a few times and enjoyed a few hours with the families.

Annoyed I didn't get the camera out a few more times to capture everyone.

Hopefully Sim or Ram have a few good ones to share. :thumb:

Sim: Not sure about the prop. I went out with my cousin for a few speed runs after SWMBO and the kids got a lift home with my mate.
Only got 45mph at 5k revs on WOT.
On last prop I was getting 51mph at around 6k revs - although conditions were better, but with family onboard.
I think a lower pitch is definitely needed.

As an update - great day yesterday on Greenwood for the Liberty Mates gang:
knarloid, atc250r, Ramifications, Sim

As expected for a holiday, Charlie's Cove was packed with the ever accomodating locals (thanks for letting us use one of the bbq's!!!). In between resetting my anchor, I was swimming and towing hot dogs to the boat on the ringo. A few of us anchored over the sandbar at the NY end a few times and enjoyed a few hours with the families.

Annoyed I didn't get the camera out a few more times to capture everyone.

Hopefully Sim or Ram have a few good ones to share. :thumb:

Sim: Not sure about the prop. I went out with my cousin for a few speed runs after SWMBO and the kids got a lift home with my mate.
Only got 45mph at 5k revs on WOT.
On last prop I was getting 51mph at around 6k revs - although conditions were better, but with family onboard.
I think a lower pitch is definitely needed.
Sounds like you need a 19-21p 4 blade.

Sounds like you need a 19-21p 4 blade.

I ordered an ally 21p 4 blade earlier in the week to have as a backup.
When it arrives in the next few days I might put it on and try it out.

Thought it would be a cheap way to see how a 21p 4 blade can compare rather than look out for trades online or new.

I ordered an ally 21p 4 blade earlier in the week to have as a backup.
When it arrives in the next few days I might put it on and try it out.

Thought it would be a cheap way to see how a 21p 4 blade can compare rather than look out for trades online or new.
Smart thinking.
I'd put up some of the amazing pictures from yesterday but I don't want to stir up the site and get it all jealous.
I'm thinking maybe I'll save the pictures of those chicks at Charlies Cove for when we start the Breast Of The Month competition.
Ohio doesn't stand a chance.

Smart thinking.
I'd put up some of the amazing pictures from yesterday but I don't want to stir up the site and get it all jealous.
I'm thinking maybe I'll save the pictures of those chicks at Charlies Cove for when we start the Breast Of The Month competition.
Ohio doesn't stand a chance.

I have a feeling I know who Sim is talking about.

John

Back