• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Keuka Lake

Hey Checkmatefever, I think it is time to talk about a "Mate-Get-Together" weekend for this summer. I plan to be in a few poker runs this summer but would love to get together with some Checkmate owners. Thoughts?

Hey Checkmatefever, I think it is time to talk about a "Mate-Get-Together" weekend for this summer. I plan to be in a few poker runs this summer but would love to get together with some Checkmate owners. Thoughts?

You bet man!! There are just a few weekends thru the summer that i'm not around the lake, but other than that any time is good with me. We already have a several regular 'Mates on the lake (forum members as well), if we could get a set date maybe even a few other members might be able to cruise with us! Kevin (teamhart2) usually comes down for a weekend, and of'course Shane (sschifer) was up last season. The more 'Mates the better, and it's always a good time meeting other Checkmate owners! Checkmate get together, i'm all for it! What do you have in mind?

Last edited:
Well I don't know what I have in mind exactly. Sounds like you know more guys than I do with Mates. I say we pick a Saturday afternoon and get as many together as we can. Cruise the lake, float, eat, drink, whatever, I am easy. I can tell you the weekends I am busy, June 16, Watkins Glen cardboard boat regatta, June 23 Pirates Poker Run, July 21 Battleship Poker Run. Other than that I should be available unless the old lady has something planned...

I knew you guy's would be in for sure!!

Well I don't know what I have in mind exactly. Sounds like you know more guys than I do with Mates. I say we pick a Saturday afternoon and get as many together as we can. Cruise the lake, float, eat, drink, whatever, I am easy. I can tell you the weekends I am busy, June 16, Watkins Glen cardboard boat regatta, June 23 Pirates Poker Run, July 21 Battleship Poker Run. Other than that I should be available unless the old lady has something planned...

A Saturday afternoon is good with me too, all of the above like you said, run, float, eat, drink, it's a perfect plan! The weekends i'm not around would be the weekend of the June 3rd, June 24th, and the weekend of July 7-8, that's about it, otherwise i'm at the lake!! I'll be over to watch the SPBA Pirate and ROPA Battleship runs, but only as a spectator on the bridge in Watkins Glen, probably won't bring the boat over. June is looking kinda tough, maybe the weekend before or after the Battleship Run (July 14th, 29th)?

I really like that the idea of a western NY mate owners get together is gaining some speed :thumb:. I like the weekend before the Ropa run, July 14. I will have the boat on the trailer that week for wash & wax before the poker run. I am relatively new to the forum so what is the best way to promote the idea to any owners in western NY?

I do too man, i've wanted to get something like this together on Keuka for a long time, maybe this will be the year! I also like the idea of Keuka Lake becuase it works out well for the guy's with smaller 'Mates, i've had a few white knuckle rides with mine on Seneca when the wind kicks up even a little bit lol, but Keuka is still plenty big enough for the Convincors or bigger ZT's. I've never made it to the Official Checkmate Owners Rally, i don't want to take anything away from that, just get a bunch of NY/PA guy's and anyone else who wants to join in for an afternoon get together on the lake. The 14 of July sounds good to me, timing works out well. Maybe throw up a thread in the events forum, see what kinda response we get.

I'd be in for a run to Keuka lake, I havent bean there in years. Any places to stay or camp for the weekend?
Andy

I have lots of chunks of my summer missing already, but I will be on Keuka the entire week of July 4, besides that, sometime later in august I might be able to make it over.

Andy, the state park in branchport is pretty nice, grew up camping and boating there.

I have lots of chunks of my summer missing already, but I will be on Keuka the entire week of July 4, besides that, sometime later in august I might be able to make it over.

Andy, the state park in branchport is pretty nice, grew up camping and boating there.

Yeah i was gonna ask you when you were coming down with the 4th being on Wednesday this year. It sucks for me becuase i won't be there for the 4th, that thursday morning i'll be heading outta town for the rest of the week/weekend. I'll be up the weekend before the 4th for sure, i might be able to swing taking some vacation time monday and tuesday of the 4th week, not sure yet.

Andy, like Kevin said, State Park is a good camp site, i've never camped there myself but i know plenty of people that have, it's nice. Love to have you come down and run with us!

I just looked it up, it's July 14th in Lake Cumberland, KY. Way to far for me to go, plus i'm out of town for a big car show the weekend before.

I knew you guy's would be in for sure!!

A Saturday afternoon is good with me too, all of the above like you said, run, float, eat, drink, it's a perfect plan! The weekends i'm not around would be the weekend of the June 3rd, June 24th, and the weekend of July 7-8, that's about it, otherwise i'm at the lake!! I'll be over to watch the SPBA Pirate and ROPA Battleship runs, but only as a spectator on the bridge in Watkins Glen, probably won't bring the boat over. June is looking kinda tough, maybe the weekend before or after the Battleship Run (July 14th, 29th)?
Starr turned me on to this. I have a 25 Convincor GTX and am President of ROPA as well. The weekend after the Battleship Run is a run on Oneida Lake so the weekend before might be the best bet.
BTW, Why wouldn't you want to bring that cool Enchanter to do the Battleship Run? We aren't about boats and size but of people. There even was a person (familiar here but unnamed) who showed up one year in a Hydrostream and a guy who ran it all on a jetski (and says he's doing it again this year.

Starr turned me on to this. I have a 25 Convincor GTX and am President of ROPA as well. The weekend after the Battleship Run is a run on Oneida Lake so the weekend before might be the best bet.
BTW, Why wouldn't you want to bring that cool Enchanter to do the Battleship Run? We aren't about boats and size but of people. There even was a person (familiar here but unnamed) who showed up one year in a Hydrostream and a guy who ran it all on a jetski (and says he's doing it again this year.

Well it's not that i don't want to run my boat in the poker runs but there's a couple reasons why i'm not bringing over. One being, i have no place to store my trailer at the cottage so it is hour away at home stored for summer, it would be a ton of back and forth. Plus, both run weekends i have other things going on car show wise so i won't be driving my truck up to the lake anyway. Believe me, i would love to run my Checkmate in either of the Poker Runs, both do a great job, it just doesn't work out. I wish they did a Poker Run on Keuka, i know the lake is pretty small compared to Seneca/Kayuga, but it could work! I've seen your boat before, it is sharp, would love to see it up close! The 14th of July is looking good then, all 'Mates welcome!

I have to give credit where credit is due. Whiplash is the reason I fell in love with the Convincor. He raised a good point when we talked today. What is the policy on Keuka Lake regarding a noise ordinance? I am sure we will be making all kinds of noise with the thru hull's:bigthumb: and don't want the attention of local law enforcement:shakehead:. CheckmateFever you spend your time on Keuka, is there an enforceable policy you know of?
Whiplash, I sure hope you can make it on July 14th plus give some insight to a well organized boating event (you do have an impressive resume as president of ROPA & Running the Battleship run)

I'm in!

Bill, I'm thinking about doing the Battleship run with my Senator... I keep having flashbacks from the run in the Hydrostream though!

I have to give credit where credit is due. Whiplash is the reason I fell in love with the Convincor. He raised a good point when we talked today. What is the policy on Keuka Lake regarding a noise ordinance? I am sure we will be making all kinds of noise with the thru hull's:bigthumb: and don't want the attention of local law enforcement:shakehead:. CheckmateFever you spend your time on Keuka, is there an enforceable policy you know of?
Whiplash, I sure hope you can make it on July 14th plus give some insight to a well organized boating event (you do have an impressive resume as president of ROPA & Running the Battleship run)

I don't think they enforce any serious noise policy's to tell you the truth. I'm sure there are enforceable ordinances in place but i've never had them say anything about mine, and Keiths (Kdebolt) boat is much louder than mine and he's never had any issues either that i'm aware of. Also, there is a 34' Scarab just down from me with twin blown 502's, when it's uncorked it's the definition of thunder boat, i've seen him go past the water patrol and not be stopped. I've heard it was an issue, mostly on Seneca tho, several years back but has since more or less blown over. I truely believe we will be OK, as long we keep it safe and not be crazy we won't be botherd by the lake patrol.

Back