• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lake Norris Spring Fling May 29-30 2015

Spring would be good..Sometime in May? What you guys think? Im going to go to some more marinas and check em out in person and make some calls..Was going to check out twin cove next.

Covered transient slips would be nice. If all goes well we will be in a 25'er by then. :thumb:

Twin Cove looks like a good choice. Close to I-75, entertainment, pool and some beautiful looking water. if anyone would want to get a group houseboat let me know. We should be into a different boat by then if I get back on he hunt.

I wouldn't be able to swing a houseboat with the boat fees for the owners rally a couple months later. I'd be willing to toss a few bucks towards the houseboat gas if we could tie up to sleep and use facilities. That does depend on is finding a boat before then though.

You will be in a nice rig by then ,your not foolin this guy Dave. I have wanted to attend a spring rally but was waiting on Will to think up this great plan. Doing a Cozumel cruise and some spring training Tigers games the end of March. These rally's are nice relaxing Vacations and always look forward to attending.

Talked to Twin Cove Marina today. They said they would be glad to show me around look at the rooms etc. They have 2,3,4,5 bedroom cabins. There is a guarantee slip with room rental, think they are covered, but said i would need to talk to the dock about it. They have nothing booked anywhere near that far ahead..Said there bookings start around thanksgiving/Christmas... Going to check it out this weekend talk to the dock and take some pics. Only thing is nobody would have there own place, cabins would have to be rented in groups.. Check it out here http://www.twincovemarina.com/norris-lake-vacation-rentals/ , hover over the pics and it shows how many each place sleeps.

Was looking weekend after memorial day... May 29-31?? If anyone has suggestions about anything feel free...

The family and I will be headed down to Twin Cove Marina next weekend...staying in one of the Condos. No complaints from other people I know that have stayed there also. I had been looking forward to going down, but after seeing that picture of how clear the water is I must say I am more than excited to get away from this mud puddle of a lake we normally boat on! :surf:

Back