• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lake Shelbyville for Labor Day

looks like rain today but mon. looks pretty good. I would like to see fast94's rocket ship. We will see what the weather does. :surf:

looks like rain today but mon. looks pretty good. I would like to see fast94's rocket ship. We will see what the weather does. :surf:

Going out to work on it now. Well see if the weather holds out so I can finish it up. Just to let you know I'm not planning on running very hard til I know its right which may not be this trip. I'd rather not break it right away.

Got it running letting the oil drain. Gonna change it a second time then gonna head to the meramec river to stick the back end in and see how it does with water.

All tests went good oil looks brand new. Wife gets off work at 5 and then were headed to kinkaid. Any of you guys come down pm me your number and well try and get together. Probably go to 17th street tonight for dinner and if that's closed well go to the Mexican place just outside of town.

Put in closer to the side with the rocks, away from the two docks, so the right side as you look at the lake. Not too close to the rocks though because there is some bad stuff down there too. I split the difference between the middle and the rock wall and that usually works. You shuold be ok as far as running off the ramp, but it does drop off. There are signs that mark the end of the ramp. People do get stuck there because for some reason it drops off, which does not make much sense becasue it gets shallow again right after.

If it rains that hard kinkaid will be muddy too.

Ramps get that way from guys power loading. When you run your boat up onto the trailer instead of winching you blow out the soil at the bottom of the ramp. This causes a drop off then a high spot. Some ramps around me have it posted no power loading for these reasons.

Had a good day met up with fast94 "MAKE YOUR MOVE" and yes it's fast!
got some cool Go Pro vids to post later. I have to Work this morning because i would like to go to the Cumberland Poker run. 600 mile round trip..:thumb:

Hey Jeff, it was very nice to meet you and your wife.
Your boat is AWESOME!!!
Pictures don't do it justice, that is one of the nicest cleanest boats I have ever seen!

Hopefully we'll get together again soon.
Runnin 65+ down the channel was pretty sweet!:lol:
Can't wait to see some video.
Jason

I don't think that is a real law anyway. Have you ever heard of someone getting a speeding ticket there? It's more like if your runnin hard and you look like your doing something dangerous, then we'll pull you over and see if your drunk.

I was pretty excited the first time I exceeded that so called speed limit in my first boat.

I guess nobody should tell on us that we were runnin well over 70 at the end.. oops!!!

I certainly don't think they are running radar out there. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket...I would guess the only way to get one would be to blow by a conservation officer doing 70ish. I wasn't running over 70 last time I was there...but I was certainly around 62. ;)

Back