• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Montiboats '86 Enchanter

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of pics of Montiboats '86 Enchanter.
thumb.gif

Monti1.jpg

ne way i bought the boat a few months ago for 6000 as is. i found out all the wirering that is anything besides making the boat go no lights no sterio no nothing extra. the tach and the fuel gage worked thats all. today i finaly got my friend to help me rewire it so we got the bilge to work and the lights so we can run down to lakefair (my towns lil fair)it suposibly does 80mph with the 200 yamaha vmax thats on it the 10 inch setback and 6 inch jackplate, i have yet to buy a gps and find out if this is true

Looks to be in nice shape.Check speeds with GPS,80 seems high for a stock 200 but if the previous owner told you that,it must be true.We all know how sellers are so honest.Nice Enchanter!

ya acctualy both boats are myne its just that after i bought the checkmate and took it out on the lake i realized it sucks for the lake... you get about 9 seconds full throtle and then you have to pull back and turn whats the fun in that. the other boat if just a fun lil thing i picked up to jump some waves, fun stuff.

naa i am usually out in the bay theres a few checkmates out there that ive wanted to race, the one i always see when someone i dont want to scare is in the boat and i only see the other one like late at night it sucks

I was wondering if I could make a storage compartment between the seats withought damaging the hulls stregth or anything like that?

hey all i was out this week and ran it well for one whole day good running and all i left it in the water for one night and came back the next morning to go out for a quick spin but when i turned on the key to crank the engine the alarm goes off, every thing looks normal on the tach and i checked all the fuses and found a few broken, i replaced the fuses and still the alarm sounded i was wondering if anyone knows what it may be? thanks for any help

It may be related to your oil injection, look at the small oil tank mounted on the engine under the cowl and make sure it has oil in it. It may not be transfering from the remote tank to the engine tank. I dont know what other alarms may be on the EFI engine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F150GT:
It may be related to your oil injection, look at the small oil tank mounted on the engine under the cowl and make sure it has oil in it. It may not be transfering from the remote tank to the engine tank. I dont know what other alarms may be on the EFI engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i checked that and its about half i didnt think that should be putting it off but its all the oil i have for now i gotta get some more but i was thinking maybe a wire got pulled or something because when the jack plate is up all the way and the tilt is perty far the wires are perty tight my friend and i put it all up to look for a wire getting pulled but we didnt see anything strange but who knows im just gonna take it into the shop while im off on vacation and have them find it for me.
Thanks for helping though

Back