• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Muskoka Checkmate Rally 2014

Muskoka

When: Saturday July 26th 2014; meet@ 9:15am, departing at 10:00am
Where to meet: Baycliffe Park, Milford Bay, Lake Muskoka, Ontario
A group of Checkmate owners are organizing a Checkmate Rally on Sat. July 26th on the Muskoka Lakes. We will meet at Baycliffe Park, Milford Bay, Lake Muskoka. Good public dock, beach, launching facilities and trailer parking available.

No entry fees: Drivers will sign a waiver and attend the drivers meeting @9:45am.

Cruise up Lake Muskoka, through Bala to Port Carling, through the locks to Lake Rosseau and Lake Joseph; lunch at famous “Turtle Jacks” and back to Muskoka.

I am in for the rally

I will see if I can arrange the traditional "post Rally gathering"

Yes Man I will be there! Great event with great people.:cheers:
I will rally the troops on Kushog as well!

Checkmate Weekend July 26

Is there a contact number or person for more information on the Checkmate weekend?

Is there a contact number or person for more information on the Checkmate weekend?

Hi REMENDA,

I have not been to any rallies before and I am not that familiar with the area, but perhaps I can help anyway. What kind of information are you looking for?

Hi REMENDA,

I have not been to any rallies before and I am not that familiar with the area, but perhaps I can help anyway. What kind of information are you looking for?

X2, I'm sure I can help you out with info without stepping on toes. What would you like to know?

Muskoka Checkmate Rally - Sat. July 26

So we are all set for the Checkmate Rally a week from today. As always, sounds like great interest and a bunch of terrific folks and boats coming. For Remonda looking for more info on the area, you can launch your boat right at Baycliffe Park, Milford Bay, Lake Muskoka (easy to find on Google Maps). Muskoka Lakes navigaton charts are available at any marina in the area. Free launch ramp, public dock, washrooms and car/trailer parking at Baycliffe Park. Its a quiet little public park. The other option is to launch at Gravenhurst Wharf, but it will be very busy as there is an in-water boat show there and Rib Fest (a great place for the out of towners to plan diner.

Our event is a day trip. Meeting just after 9am, a short drivers meeting at 9:45am and departing at 10am. We tour around lake Muskoka, following our host, me, with a flag boat, and ensure we don't loose anyone. Lunch at Turtle Jacks in Port Carling, then through the large locks to spend the afternoon cruising Lakes Rosseau and Joseph. Come with a full tank of gas! We will get gas again at top of Lake Rosseau Marina, have a swim at the great public park. Depart right down Rosseau, back to Lake Muskoka and have an Apres Rally refreshment at IanZ or Muskoka's cottage on the lake. We will be all done 5-6pm ish.

Look forward to seeing you.
Muskoka

So we are all set for the Checkmate Rally a week from today. As always, sounds like great interest and a bunch of terrific folks and boats coming. For Remonda looking for more info on the area, you can launch your boat right at Baycliffe Park, Milford Bay, Lake Muskoka (easy to find on Google Maps). Muskoka Lakes navigaton charts are available at any marina in the area. Free launch ramp, public dock, washrooms and car/trailer parking at Baycliffe Park. Its a quiet little public park. The other option is to launch at Gravenhurst Wharf, but it will be very busy as there is an in-water boat show there and Rib Fest (a great place for the out of towners to plan diner.

Our event is a day trip. Meeting just after 9am, a short drivers meeting at 9:45am and departing at 10am. We tour around lake Muskoka, following our host, me, with a flag boat, and ensure we don't loose anyone. Lunch at Turtle Jacks in Port Carling, then through the large locks to spend the afternoon cruising Lakes Rosseau and Joseph. Come with a full tank of gas! We will get gas again at top of Lake Rosseau Marina, have a swim at the great public park. Depart right down Rosseau, back to Lake Muskoka and have an Apres Rally refreshment at IanZ or Muskoka's cottage on the lake. We will be all done 5-6pm ish.

Look forward to seeing you.
Muskoka

I just posted on the other thread...is this a preferred "guys only event" or a "guys and significant others" event or a family event?

I just posted on the other thread...is this a preferred "guys only event" or a "guys and significant others" event or a family event?

I would say it is family event but majority of the people are guys. it is a long day on the water that takes us about 100miles. last year I took my son and friend with me (9 years old) who had the time of his life but my wife prefers a more causal boat ride.

It is the only day every year that I get out of the boat at the end of the day and feel that I boated long enough for the day .

My wife came last year as well as my teenage daughter, we are a boating family and they loved it. My other daughter not so big on the rough stuff so she usually bows out.

Yes forecast is not looking too great...:mad: We will see if it changes much, I'm a fair weather boater...:shakehead: Keeping my fingers crossed!!

A little bit of rain is not bad, but it is looking like there may be thunderstorms in the afternoon. Alternate dates?

So far they are calling for rain in the afternoon. The morning and up until around 2 seems clear, depending on which sage you believe. If the weather doesn't change for the worse, we'll still partake in the morning and lunch, but may skip the rest of the afternoon. It will be a 7am decision for us unless we see a cancellation otherwise before then.

Confirmed for July 26th Rally

Ohmagoo, this is an open event. Most boats bring a mix of friends, significant others and family. Given we are driving Checkmates, not many young kids attend for the day. Its a full day on the water, with a nice lunch stop and mid afternoon gas/swim break.

There is some mixed weather in the forecast, but the big nasty stuff is not suppose to arrive until 7pm, when we are all done.

Look forward to another great Muskoka Checkmate Rally tomorrow.

Not a bad day. we had 7-8 boats out today and the rain gods behaved all day. the lake was just a nice small chop which made running pretty near perfect with some cool temperature. the Forcast also graced us with a lake that had very little traffic for a Sat. after noon.

I would like to thank Muskoka for organizing such a great event once again.

Back