• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My New Boat (well new to me!)

MikeW

Got my 1990 251 GTX Convincor home from Hudson NH. Got it home Monday. I am here in Chicago. It was the first time I saw in it person. We had it in side for inspection. and then took it out in the cold to test run it up. Ran nice drive slide in and out of gear nicely. The only bad thing I found was the Gimbal ring and the upper swivel shaft have some play in it. In the cold here I could not tighten it up. may need to replace the gimbal ring. The interior will need some work but will live for this summer to see how this boat pans out. I really loved the ride and looks of the narrower 251's. look forward to this summer.
DCP_0672.JPG

top.JPG

Got my 1990 251 GTX Convincor home from Hudson NH. Got it home Monday. I am here in Chicago. It was the first time I saw in it person. We had it in side for inspection. and then took it out in the cold to test run it up. Ran nice drive slide in and out of gear nicely. The only bad thing I found was the Gimbal ring and the upper swivel shaft have some play in it. In the cold here I could not tighten it up. may need to replace the gimbal ring. The interior will need some work but will live for this summer to see how this boat pans out. I really loved the ride and looks of the narrower 251's. look forward to this summer.
DCP_0672.JPG

top.JPG

Where are the pics Mike? I like the 251's also.
What's it got for an engine? Any mods? What do you figure it'll hit for top end? Congrats...

Checkmark
It has a 454 330hp Just Exhaust madifolds and an RPM intake are the only mods. old owner claimed 65mph. If it is in the 60's I will be happy...for now lol. The plains have started to de-tune a 509 I have to about 550-500 hp to make its way in to the checkmate.
MikeW

Good looking boat, I like the yellow with the checkmate letters on the bow.
Keep us posted.

rooster_3.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+

thumb.gif
I love the yellow too!! Please e-mail the motor/prop/top speed/GPS or Speedo to Chris.Ellard9@sympatico.ca so I can post it in the Top Speeds Thread I made...
Thanks and Nice Boat!
icon_biggrin.gif

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

Sending this bad boy over to the "Picture This" forum, where it will be more at home with all us other "showoffs".
icon_biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

I bet that was a fun ride from Chi-town to New Hampshire and back in Jan. Now that is a dedicated boater!

Bill
LOL, In a word... It sucked. But the things we do for our sport. the only good thing was my company paid my way out there and back. Thank god too because I think I spend $200 bucks in tolls there and back.
MikeW

What a trip for an amazing boat! Good luck with it...

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

Wow... I am still amazed by your boat. I must admit that is one of the nicest boats I have even seen...
thumb.gif

Back