• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

MY NEW CM PROJECT-

SCT Hope to see pictures of it when it is done. When I used to work for the other boat company here in Bucyrus in 1975 & 76. I went to East Harbor to watch Gary Wade race a tunnel boat. Not sure if it was one of theirs or not. But it was fun to watch. Back then I custom taped the molds for the paint jobs. I've even put wood grain panels in the decks. Also put murials in the decks. These were all done in the gel coat. So when you pulled the deck you saw the wood grain or you would see the murials. Back in 1976 when the other boat company had the fire, all of my custom tape offs were inside of the building. They never made it to the Windy City but I did, had a blast for the week of the show.(show was only three days went up with semi's with boats they got back from Dealers) Thats enough about that have fun restoring your boat. Alan

Hi TNT, no unfortunately I never did finish the boat and sold it in a pinch 10+ years ago. There is a member that did finish a beautiful restoration project on a CM tunnel. There should be a thread on here somewhere.

Good luck-

Back