• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New 20ft Pulsare. 73 mph with a 200 Optimax

WILDMAN said:
Actually, 8ft is considered pretty small around here. They don't bother you. We used to try and slalom ski over the top of them when I was younger and dumber. It just feels like a bump in the boat. Never bends anything. Here's a pic of a 12-14footer I took a couple years ago from the boat. It was about 3ft wide at the middle and 700-800 lbs. Now that's a big-un.

You would never catch me skiing with gators. Thats nutz!!!! I went skiing in the gulf once when I lived in florida and I was freaked out about sharks. Maybe I have seen JAWS to many times but I just prefer skiing in freshwater lakes in Maine.

I used to spend a bunch of time on the St Mary's boating and kneeboarding. You to see the gators all the time. If you leave them alone they leave you alone.

90 Mile Run

I wish I could get my 2100 Pulsare, 225efi to go 90 miles on a tank of gas! Maybe if I get Wildman to tow me, I could get close. lol boatman

With the Opti, I can get over 200 miles on the 38 gallon tank. If I keep it 40-50 mph, I can get 6 mpg.

Yup, that's mine getting a new bimini top. Was that your little Checkmate out front for sale?

Pulsare 2000 speed

I get 75mph on my Opti 225. Runs great but cant hit any waves at that speed. I assume your 20 Pulare is the same. Cross breeze is tought to manage the walk also. Look forward to launching next week for the new season. Will test the speed in the cold water, now the engine is broken in.

Muskoka said:
I get 75mph on my Opti 225. Runs great but cant hit any waves at that speed. I assume your 20 Pulare is the same. Cross breeze is tought to manage the walk also. Look forward to launching next week for the new season. Will test the speed in the cold water, now the engine is broken in.

Hey Muskoka:

The lake is looking nice these days - the OPP have been spending our tax dollars learning to drive their boats in gravenhurst bay all week long - 7 - 10 of them at a time!

Back