• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New 2800SX interior!

Steve, boat looks great. Glad you have brought it back to life. I always enjoyed it, good to know you are too.

Thanks Hemibee! It was nice to complete the renovation that you started years ago! I still have a long way to go but at least I'm back on the water and looking sharp! The way I see it, phase 1 was when you replaced the floor, stringers, fuel tank and transom knees back in 2005. Phase 2 was my re-rigging the boat with the twin 2.4's and getting her back on the water for the 2013 season. Phase 3 was the complete gutting of the cabin/cockpit, glassing in new bulkheads and renovating both the cabin and cockpit with new materials. Phase 4 will be the future of adding new gages, trim indicators and building up twin 2.5L motors!

Last edited:
Great job on the boat. How did it run after adding the weight in the cabin.

Only had it out last monday in the rain. Had the port motor running about 6300rpm and starboard motor about 6100 rpm but had no gps with me. Boat felt alot more solid with the new glassed in bulkhead that now separates the cockpit/cabin and there was no flex in the topdeck at all with the new glassed in ceiling bulkhead. Boat felt easier to dock with some weight in the bow..the wind wasn't blowing me all over the place!

Back