• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Philly Member Here

Marky Mark

Just discovered this board upon accident. i am an advid member of another popular offshore message board community, but i figure i'd become a member of this board also because it's more specific to my boat.

i have a 97 253 Convincor w 575hp. i love the boat. i'll try to post a pic.

176newcheckmate.jpg

176motor1.jpg

'97 253 Convincor 575hp B&M, 27 Hydromotive, Teague Drive.

Just discovered this board upon accident. i am an advid member of another popular offshore message board community, but i figure i'd become a member of this board also because it's more specific to my boat.

i have a 97 253 Convincor w 575hp. i love the boat. i'll try to post a pic.

176newcheckmate.jpg

176motor1.jpg

Hey Mark,
That is a nice boat man.What size engine ya got.I bet it will flat scoot on across the water.I have a 242 convincor (1996).454 mag. I love it.You can see pics on this forum.Once again awsome boat.Tell us a little bit more abou
t it.
Disturbed

"I LOVE THE ARMY"Where else can you travel to beautiful places, meet foreign exotic people an KILL EM !!

thanks guys....

the motor started as a 454 mag, and now is a 461cid with the B&M, and other internal goodies. It dynoed in the 570 range. The best i've seen on the GPS was 81mph (cold day with a chop). But a normal hot summer day the boat will run 77. i'm happy.
thumb.gif

i have alot of things powdercoated on the boat...notice the blower. i also made custom hinges for the back hatch which are big checkmate horse heads powdercoated purple. (i have a pic, but you can't load a pic unless it's linked from another site).

i also put in a sony cd system that bumps. 2 amps, 2 10" subs on the rear seat panel...as well as 2 6.5 3ways, and two flush mount tweeters stategicly mounted by the drivers and passengers bolsters....you can actually hear the tunes over the wind!! Oh yea....the other thing i did was put the white sony remote in that gives you the digital display on the front...you can raise/lower volume, swith channels and cd's from it as well as seeing what you are doing....that was the best investment i made
icon_smile.gif

what else??? ... oh i put those purple neon tube lights up under the gunwals and in the engine hatch....it looks pretty cool at night.

i've done more, but i'm getting tired of typing..lol

Here is a pic of the horse hinges....the pic quality sucks...and doesn't do it justice at all.

176horses-med.jpg

thumb.gif
WOW... That is one he!! of a boat. I love all the detail you put into it. You really have something to be proud of...
icon_cool.gif

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

Hey Marky, did you read my Checkmate Factory tour article on OSO? Actually, I linked to Scream and Fly where the article actually is........ I wonder if it's still on OSO......

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

Welcome to the board!

Love the boat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

icon_biggrin.gif
thumb.gif
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
thumb.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Awesome Checkmate Man. Love your pics...

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

WOW -- Thanks for all the compliments guys!!

JW, what is your screen name on OSO? (I am hi-perf-2000). I remember seeing a post on the checkmate factory tour a little while back. I'll look for it again.

I actually changed the one color on the side of the boat (The darker purple section). This used to be a magenta color.

After 3-4 years of my friends saying that the boat looked like an easter egg...I decieded to experiment.

One bad thing (actually good thing), is that checkmate does thier graphics the RIGHT way and puts them in the gel....rather than all these big $$$ boats who paint them on...so when then boat gets sctatched...so does the paint.
SO I took it to a friends shop who does vinyl and he cut out the exact pattern, and appied the new color over the gel pattern. It gave the boat a totaly different line. it was only on there for the last month on the season, so I'll have to see how it holds up (to nicks from other boats & docks...even though i try my hardest to prevent it, sometimes it still happens).
The best part is i can just peel it off and go with a different color anytime i want.

Here is a pic of the old color...not a good pic, but you will get the idea.
my%20ride.jpg

icon_confused.gif
I see what you mean. Either way I like your boat. HAve you e-mailed me your specs yet? If not its boat/motor/prop/GPS or Speedo at Chris.Ellard9@sympatico.ca

Yea Chris....i mailed you my info yesterday. You listed it in the other thread....81mph GPS.

Bill there was a place on ebay selling them...any color scheme you wanted. I eneded up emailing them and dealing with them direct and they custom made them for me. They are 12" wide by about 5" tall.

This is thier website: www.cegraphics.com

They are based out of Canada. I recieved the decals in normal fashion...no nationwide shipping problems.

I can email you the picture that they had on ebay. If you send it to them...they will know what you are talking about to make you a set. OR check ebay to see if they are still selling them.

Mark

Mark, Thanks much, my e-mail is fischerbill@msn.com. Awesome boat ANd I like the colors. I am having a 240 built with purple and black graphics with some silver metal falke mixed into the purple and black. Great to see someone from Philly! I was born in Abington and still have family out there. I made a trip back "home" this past summer and man do I miss it!

Back