• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pete's 1998 219 Persuader

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some pics of petej's Persuader.
thumb.gif

petej1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Here are some pics of petej's Persuader.
thumb.gif

petej1.jpg

Webmaster

petej2.jpg

Webmaster

petej3.jpg

Webmaster

petej4.jpg

Webmaster

Thanks chris, I just bought the boat in December and had it out for the first time last friday, and love it! Later that day I sold my 1990 Diplomat, I;m going to miss it. The 219 has a 454/310hp with 53 hrs. Extras include, capt. call and trim tabs. When I got it needed new tires, water pump(impeller), a good buff and coat of wax. The boat came with a 14 x 23 mach and runs 66mph at 4600 rpms. after talking to mike at checkmate he recomended that I try a 14 x 23 mirage plus or turbo viper 14 x 23 as well as the turbo ultama 4, because the boat should run 68-70 mph. I did try a 22 bravo 1 but only ran 64 mph at 6400 rpms. I would like to get it out this sat if the weather is good to try more props. The next step is to take the boat up to rick and install a better stareo, depth gadge, and insall the matching cockpit cover I got from checkmate.

Lookin' Good! That closed bow reminds me of the one REALLY fun thing I miss about closed bows......................

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax 2.5 EFI/10.5" RapidJack setback/23" Tempest

Had a chance to take the boat out this past sat. and play with some props. Thanks to sum good friends I had the use of a 23 mirage 70at 4500rpms,27 mirage 68 at 4400rpms, and a mirage plus 71mph at 4600rpms with 3/4 tank of gas by myself in flat water. Can't wait to get it out again and see if I can get more out of it. But what a differance! Love it!

Congrats on breaking 70 Pete! Looks like we are in a speed race now
icon_biggrin.gif

I only have you by 1.5!!

1995 Pulsare 2100BR/1995 Mercury Promax 225 2.5 EFI/ 1.87:1 Torquemaster/ RapidJack Heavy-Duty manual 10.5" setback/ 23" Tempest (worked for hole-shot)

Thanks JW I'd love to see 73mph. But my speed is speedo not GPS. I have to try my friends hand held unit to see how close my gadge is. Now I just need to try a 25 pitch to see what that would do. Are you going to make it up to ricks in Aug.? I'd love to see youor rig and do some high speed runs with you.

The visit to Ricks is a 98%, pulling the Pulsare up is about a 2%. I HATE towing my boat long distances (over 30 miles) and I'd have to go through Chicago...Yuck. But I definitely want to get to Ricks for August. I've already been offered article space in Family and Performance Boating if I go and take pix and do an article for them.

1995 Pulsare 2100BR/1995 Mercury Promax 225 2.5 EFI/ 1.87:1 Torquemaster/ RapidJack Heavy-Duty manual 10.5" setback/ 23" Tempest (worked for hole-shot)

Pete, That is one good looking Mate that I would raft with up in Green Bay! Can't race you though, you have me there
thumb.gif
Any ideas when you are heading up there and where you are staying? Stephanie and I go through Janeville on the way up. We are staying at the holiday Inn City Center. They are right in the Rock River, only a stones throw from Rick's place. Thay have slips if you want to keep the boat in the water overnight, of course so doe Rick!!!
xxrotflmao.gif

ZT 240 6.2litre 320 H.P

JW, I hear what you're saying with the trailering. I'm not a big fan of it myself, expecally when it would come to going through Chicago. I'm happy to hear that you're going to make it up to ricks. And cool to hear about the article, are you going to write it?

Thanks Bill, I can't wait to see your new boat. The pictures look awesome. It sounds like it's working out very well. I'm not going to outrun you by very much, it sounds like you're right behind me with the speed, especially when you get to try your 25 mirage. Have you found a steering wheel that you like yet? We have a cottage located up in Suring, Wis. which is about an hour north of Green Bay. It's out in the country but my parents only live five miles away on a lake. We don't trailer the boat up there much because of the distance (3.5 hours one way). When we get there we just use my parents' pontoon or our 14 ft. miro craft with a 7.5 merc. Not the same as the checkmate but it does the job. I don't know if we're going to commute from up there down to Ricks' or if it will be down here in Janesville. My wife and myself are both teachers and have the priviledge of having the summers off. We were very fortunate and blessed to have our daughter born in August and are very lucky to have wonderful grandparents who love to babysit. So, all we need to do is to find out if they are willing to watch for a Friday afternoon and Saturday. We will probably come down Friday afternoon to do some boating, go to the fish fry, and stay overnight, and then do some more boating on Sat. We will probably stay at the Holiday Inn on the Fox River, not too far from Ricks. I will probably take the boat out of the water on Fri. night because I always like to keep the boat neat, clean, and safe. I'm kind or a neat freak.

Nothing wrong with a neat freak Pete! I already have made arrangements to keep mine inside Fri, Sat, and Sun night. My wife calls me anal, among other things.
icon_razz.gif
Crgrats on the new baby, lucky man, new baby and boat. I know what wheel I want, just trying to lock a few things in so I can place an order with Rick. I change my mind too much. Thank god for EBAY, i will but things, and a week later not like it, so I sell it. The bonus of not having Kids
icon_wink.gif
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I will have a Mirage plus figured out and a Bravo 4 blade. This goes against everything I have read, but the Mirage Plus carries the boat really weel in flat water, and Kip said the Bravo will carry it better in the rough stuff. I can't wait to run some rough stuff. Again, great looking boat, would love to see it in Green Bay!

ZT 240 6.2litre 320 H.P

Back