• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Questions regarding Setup on 21' Starflite

yeah what was your outcome? 10" aint enough on this hull, don't worry you won't hurt it. Just make some plates for reinforcement and you will be fine 1/4 inch aluminum works great. I am 13.25" and still not enough bow lift, chine walks if i jack too high or trim too high, i am running about 2" below right now and trying to decide If i want to go back further. My engnine is very light, it's a bridgeport, and I may need to go back very far to get it balanced out right. Need to get that big 'ol hull out of the water if you want to go fast without a ton of power like 300+.

OK, first of all the 250xs is a 3.0 liter motor and weighs significantly more than the 2.4/2.5's. Your 10" of setback is more than enough with that motor. The question really lies in the X-dimension...where is you propshaft in relationship to the hull bottom at the jackplate's highest setting?? You should be no lower that 1" below the bottom. The other thing that may be slowing you down is the nose cone. It will not help until you really exceed the 80 mph mark. With the cone you are losing lifting capabilities of the Torqemaster gear case on a heavy V-bottom. It would be wise to have some aluminum backing plates built to distribute the extra weight on the top mounting bolts. Once the motor is high enough you should be able to spin a Trophy 26 up to 6300 rpm with no problem and see speeds in the upper 70's..maybe more.

update

Well first off was able to hit 70's after messing with a few things. With as much jack as I need to get the motor I would be a bit weary not to run a cone. I have no other option right now anyways cause I am not buying another LU. I will never be able to spin a 26 at 6300 as the limiter is 6100. I spin the 26 right now somewhere around 5800-5900. I have a few ideas for this season incl painting the bottom of the boat as it is essentially unpainted and covered with some primer overspray from when the boat was painted. MY LU is going out to be refaired and repainted as i had some cracking, known issue just needed to get it taken care of. I don't expect seeing anymroe than 75-78. My buddy runs his 21" Pulsare with a 300x and runs 80-85. I know I am not going to see those numbers. As far as backing plates I have a plate up and over the splashwell 1/4" T^ Alum as well as a custom plate inside against the transom that is bolted to the knees also 1/4" T6 alum. Have no problems there.

Well first off was able to hit 70's after messing with a few things. With as much jack as I need to get the motor I would be a bit weary not to run a cone. I have no other option right now anyways cause I am not buying another LU. I will never be able to spin a 26 at 6300 as the limiter is 6100. I spin the 26 right now somewhere around 5800-5900. I have a few ideas for this season incl painting the bottom of the boat as it is essentially unpainted and covered with some primer overspray from when the boat was painted. MY LU is going out to be refaired and repainted as i had some cracking, known issue just needed to get it taken care of. I don't expect seeing anymroe than 75-78. My buddy runs his 21" Pulsare with a 300x and runs 80-85. I know I am not going to see those numbers. As far as backing plates I have a plate up and over the splashwell 1/4" T^ Alum as well as a custom plate inside against the transom that is bolted to the knees also 1/4" T6 alum. Have no problems there.

Pulsare only running 80-85 with a 300x????:confused: Are you running in any altitude?? Any Pulsare with a 300x at sea level will see 90's if set up properly. You should try and borrow a torquemaster lower and run your boat. They make scoops for the water intakes on the gear case to help maintain water pressure at higher motor heights. They've worked great on my 225. Also, check your linkage/cables/etc to make sure you are getting full throttle at the motor. It sounds like you have the transom covered well with your reinforcements!:thumb:

when your goin the platforms arent even close to the water. when you turn hard and deep they dig in the water.i removed my right side and left the left side and always turn right with the the prop torque!!

Back