• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rappahannock River

I have run down it on occasion..but not regularly...the upper section is less than a mile from me...but thats a canoe/kayak area...whats up keith ?

I have a cottage there that i go to about once a month. I'll be there all this weekend and was just wondering if anyone runs that river. Your more then welcome to stop by and have a cold one. I'm right next to Garrets marina.

I have a cottage there that i go to about once a month. I'll be there all this weekend and was just wondering if anyone runs that river. Your more then welcome to stop by and have a cold one. I'm right next to Garrets marina.

We go down the Rapp every once in a while for a change of pace. Don't think we'll be out on it again this year, but next year if your cold-one offer is still there.

Like ezstriper I've canoed and kayaked on the upper end in Fredericksburg, but have not yet hit the Northern Neck part of it. Looking for somewhere close to take the mate this Saturday...you going to be at your cabin this weekend?:cheers:

Like ezstriper I've canoed and kayaked on the upper end in Fredericksburg, but have not yet hit the Northern Neck part of it. Looking for somewhere close to take the mate this Saturday...you going to be at your cabin this weekend?:cheers:

Keith, where along the rapp are you ? must be down from fredericksburg a ways ? port royal / tappahanock area ?

hey Kieth im around jamacia area down there. that's about 7 miles down river from garrets. Im putting a transom and stringers in my starflite this summer but when I get her back together and repowered ill give you a shout and we can run sometime. I plan to be back on the water in the spring at the latest.

Back