• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Raystown-Lake-in-PA-Sept-25th-27th

We spent last week there. Water is right around 80deg. & the lake wasn't busy at all even on the weekends! Saw 2 playmates...one was a jet! 3 mates total. We put over 130 miles on the old girl.hope to make your event this year, we usually boat there until the end of October.

We are getting a little bored with our six mile run here on the Schuylkill River so are considering trailering our 1988 Evinrude powered Spectra 171 to Raystown Lake for a weekend this fall. Our boat, although in excellent mechanical and electrical condition, is older, smaller, and probably not nearly as fast as the boats we are reading about that will be at your Sept 25th-27th event. We would like to know more about the activities at this event before deciding whether to attend. Any input will be welcome.

We are getting a little bored with our six mile run here on the Schuylkill River so are considering trailering our 1988 Evinrude powered Spectra 171 to Raystown Lake for a weekend this fall. Our boat, although in excellent mechanical and electrical condition, is older, smaller, and probably not nearly as fast as the boats we are reading about that will be at your Sept 25th-27th event. We would like to know more about the activities at this event before deciding whether to attend. Any input will be welcome.

Speed doesn't matter as most of the time we cruise along, with some blasts!

Here's the link over at scream and fly for more info.
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?307385-Raystown-Lake-in-PA-Sept-25th-27th

I'm curious to know more about the schuylkill. Been to philly 100 times but never hit that cause of tides and ignorance. Please provide info.

I'm curious to know more about the schuylkill. Been to philly 100 times but never hit that cause of tides and ignorance. Please provide info.

The Schuylkill River flows down from the Poconos through Reading, Pottstown, Norristown, Manayunk and then along the west side of Philly until it joins the Delaware River just northeast of the Philadelphia International airport. Many sections of the river are not navigable with power boats because of existing dams and/or rocky shallow water. The section of the river I live by and run my Checkmate on is called Port Indian. This section is about six miles in length between shallow water at Valley Forge and a dam at Norristown. For more information about the Port Indian section of the Schuylkill River go to our community webpage "portindian.org". I don't know much about boating on the Schuylkill in Philly, however, recently when I was walking along the river near the 30th Street train station I saw a 20-25 foot power boat go by. I don't know if it entered where the Schuylkill meets the Delaware or if there is a ramp someplace in that section of the river.

Well i burnt a big hole in one of my 300 promaxs so i will have to bring the bass boat out to the lake.

Saw a stv & a hydrostream Vegas making some thunder runs on the lake last weekend. Water is now down in the low 70s & like every year after Penn state football starts, lake is pretty much dead. Water level is probably two foot down. We both have to work this weekend. Have fun & looking forward to some pix!

Wish some checkmaters were here. I blew up my boat so my brother aloud me to use his, stopped over to talk to 2 guys and got blown off because of the kind of boat im in. Its not fast or super fancy but still. Dont think a fellow checkmater would have done that.

The guy with the white & blue picklefork with matching v8 hanging off the back passed my house on his way up today. I think I've seen him the past 3yrs....

I met him yesterday very nice guy to talk to. Love his boat with the big v8 hanging off the back.

Back