• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Replacement Displacement?

ooo no! I hope this doesn't turn out the wrong way!!!! You know.....what if Racer W actually wins.....or what if Mrs. Jim doesn't let them race! :brickwall:

I think his mission has been accomplished......All of us waiting and checking the forum every couple of hours to read his next post. He certainly has us "on the hook":bigthumb: He's done a good job. I bet he's loving every minute of it! ....I would be.

"I guess Gramma don't trust you with her car" laughs Racer W. My heart sinks. Racer W's friends all bust up laughing, some bend over, some put a hand to their mouth while saying OOOhh. Mrs. Jim motions for me to go around to the passenger side by pointing her index finger at the ground and making a counter clockwise motion. " You sound like a young man that could use a lesson in manners when around a lady" says Mrs. Jim. "Yeah, maybe", says Racer W, "But not from you". I take my hand off of the passenger side door handle and push back the sleeves of my sweat coat. Perhaps today is not going to be a total loss after all. I am ready to do a 'Dukes of Hazard' hood slide and climb right up on Racer W's shoulders. Mrs. Jim holds up her right hand toward me. "Since there aint gonna be no race, you forfeit yer three hundred bucks" Says Racer W. Mrs. Jim shoots a look in my direction. Her x-ray laser vision goes right through my clothing and outer skin layer and attaches itself to the membrane of my stomach and begins to burn it. Her mouth forms the word, three? Now here is where it starts getting interesting. Mrs. Jim puts her hair up into a ponytail and places a pink ball cap on her head with her hair in between the opening above the adjustable strap at the back. This is an unmistakable sign that she is about to go to work, on who, whoom, or what I do not know. "Three Hundred Dollars?" says Mrs. Jim, looking at me. Her eyes go green and twinkley, and her pupils get really big. "Hold on there Froggy" says Mrs. Jim, "If you feel like jumping, go right ahead"

Let's try to guess what happens..... What do ya think...Mrs. Jim gonna get in the '62 and race Racer W? Probably not, but THAT would be COOL!:banana:

Racer W looks at Mrs. Jim quizicly. He has probably never heard the froggy term used before. Mrs. Jim opens the door of the old Chev. "That's right" says Racer W, "Take yer old Grannymobile home cause yer stinkin up the place" I sit down rather dejectedly and close the passenger door softly. I glance over at Mrs. Jim as she sits down and slams the door. Her teeth are clenched, and her cute little chin is thrust out forward. Quickly sensing a chance at a little redemption, I tell Mrs. Jim to ask Racer W "when he is going to finish painting the hamstermobile?" She does. "Ask him where is the rest of the engine?" I say. She does. Racer W changes colors. "Tell him that you noticed that he has removed the cards from the spokes of the front wheels". She does. "Ask him if the red wipers on the windshield are good for a couple of horsepower too" I snicker, feeling a little better about myself. Mrs. Jim giggles, and not to be outdone, says "Look honey, it says Honda right there on the fender, just like a lawnmower". I smile and add, 1.6 liter, that's not even a full bottle of Mountain Dew". Racer W makes a comment that I cant quite make out and Mrs. Jim says "If you can get past me, you can try him on for size but maybe you should come back next year after you have grown some". Mrs. Jim reaches over and turns off the heater and radio. She puts on the safety belt. She looks over at Racer W and revs the engine. I'm not talkin about a couple of half hearted revs here. I'm talkin about cracking open all three two barrel carbs while the old girl rears over to the side and Racer W's friends step back. I'm expecting Mrs. Jim to step out and let me take over. I'm taken aback when she grabs the 'T' handle shifter and selects reverse. "Ahh honey?" I say. "Shh, she says. She backs up, looking first at the mirror on her side, then to the center mirror, then to the mirror on my side. She pulls up on the 'T' handle and puts the car in low 1 and pushes on the brake pedal while holding down on the brake lock. "This button, right?" she asks. "Perhaps it would be better.." but she cuts me off with a "Shuush now, I'm trying to concentrate here." Suddenly, my interest is peaked. "Heat the tires and light the fires" I tell her. She revs the engine higher than necessary but man does it sound good. The smell of burnt rubber wafts into the interior. "Phfft," says Mrs. Jim, "That smells terrible". She lets go the button and the old girl jumps forward, "Oh my" says Mrs Jim, as she is thrown back in her seat. Mrs. Jim opens her door and backs up into her spot. Racer W tries to whittle some more rubber off of his front tires and purges his nitrous system again. "Are you ready yet?" asks Mrs. Jim to Racer W. I fasten my safety belt down tight and grip the handle on the glove box with my right hand and grab the bottom of the seat with my left hand. I push back into the seat with my legs shoved forward against the floorboard. One of Racer W's young friends steps up between the cars and motions each car forward and then holds up his hands and then drops them. Mrs. Jim sets the front brakes and accelerates the engine, the whole car rises up and leans over while pushing against the front wheels. Racer W's starting man holds up his right hand and shows 1 finger. Racer W revs the hamstermobile to the limiter, Ruum, Rumm, Ruum, Ruum, it says. Mrs. Jim holds down the transmission brake button, and brings the old 427 up to a lot more rpm than I would. The starting man holds up two fingers. "Now Honey" I say, "Tuck your chin so your not lookin at the headliner when you let this thing loose. She's gonna pull hard to the right, dont let her get too far out of shape or she'll bite you real fast. Don't open her up until the rear tires are hooked up and your going mostly straight" Mrs. Jim looks over at me in a glance and looks back at the starting man, "Don't worry, I've watched you do this lots of times" she says matter of factly. The starting guy raises both his hands.

I can see Mrs. Jim is done dealing rationally with racer W and the
Hamstermobile. ( This is a good thing.)
Glad Im not racer W,
Surely the Flame wouldnt be upset abought this, (right.)

Back