• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Set up comparison chart

remlinger

Well after reading numerous posts with the beginning lines reading how do I set up or what prop or HP.....I have come to the conclusion that we need to have a data base for all of this information if it does not exist as of yet. So here is my proposal.

Everyone should submit the following information.

Boat model and year:

I/O or outboard:

Engine manu. and size, Horse power:

Prop manu., model, pitch and diameter:

RPM's at full throttle:

GPS speed:

Amount of fuel in gal.:

Number of bodies on board during run:

List any modification to the hull or engine and special set up:

With this information I will create an excel spread sheet that can be posted for everyone to review and see what others are doing to get more performance out of the boat. This can also be used as a quick referance chart for anyone thinking of modifying their boats.

Also I would hope that Checkmate will also refer to this to see if they could offer any of these items on the factory specification.

Just a thought, let me know what all of you think.

This is better than the inventory thread I started a few days back!!! I'll give my info once I finish putting everything together. :surf:

This will be just what I have been looking for, thanks for getting something like this going. Once I get to a point where I can contribute I will certainly do so.

I know that it would fall under a catagory but some things needs to be specific so they dont get forgotten

I know that it would fall under a catagory but some things needs to be specific so they dont get forgotten

Any thing else that you can think of that should be listed. I think I'll re-write the criteria and include a laundry list of items but not limited to those items under the modification section.

Comparsion

Great idea. I expect to get my Enchanter in the water next week and I'll post what I get. It'll help if we're honest.:thumb:. BTW what are your numbers? I'm interested in an I/O v O/B comparison.

Art

If it's slow it must be an OMC.:)

Great idea, and thanks for taking the time to compile it! It would be nice to have all boats of the same model grouped together, or put an auto sort on it so you could sort by any category.

I agree that prop height and setback should be entries too.

Since most have tried multiple props (and heights) it would be interesting to put a few different "runs" in too. It would allow people to see trends like what weight, height, pitch, setback does.

I'll be the first to get in there. Current best GPS'd effort:

Boat model and year: 1989 starliner

I/O or outboard: OB

Engine manu. and size, Horse power: 1997 Merc 3.0L, 225 EFI

Prop manu., model, pitch and diameter: Trophy 26P

RPM's at full throttle: 5400

GPS speed: 64

Amount of fuel in gal.: ~ 10

Number of bodies on board during run: 1

Prop height (below pad or V): 4.5

Setback: A BIG ZERO ==> on the transom

List any modification to the hull or engine and special set up: none

You should have every day speeds and perfect condition speeds, some boats are very sensitive to water & weather conditions.

1989 Starflight
1995 Yamaha Pro-V 200
16" custom set-back bracket w/integrated pwr jack plate
1/4 tank fuel one person
25P Yamaha prop at 5900rpm 72MPH
24P "Spinelli" custom 4 blade 6200rpm 70MPH
These speeds are at perfect conditions, the hull wont air out unless condiotions are just right, NEED MORE POWER.
Both props will run 66/67 every day, 25P is a good cruising prop but too big with a lot of people or for skiing, the 4 blade has great hole shot & mid range.
Draw backs: lots of setback causes some porpising problems at lower speeds and with alot of weight in the boat.
The Starflight hull rides nice, corners perfect and ski's good. Nicest boat I'v driven yet.
F150GT

My old boat:
84 Enchanter
95 Yamaha Pro-V 200
10" setback W/pwr jackplate
24P "Spinelli" 4 blade 6250rpm 74 MPH
1/4 fuel 1 or 2 people
68/69 with 4 guys

Notes: this padded hull does not ride or corner very nice but they are easy to make go fast and will do it in most conditions, the hull airs out nice but will get flighty in windy conditions, Its fun to drive.

F150GT

Boat model and year: Enchanter 1988

I/O or outboard: I/O

Engine manu. and size, Horse power: 350ci 5.7 liter 260hp

Prop manu., model, pitch and diameter: Mirage 25" dia?

RPM's at full throttle: 4100

GPS speed: a disapointing 54.8mph

Amount of fuel in gal.: 10

Number of bodies on board during run: 2

List any modification to the hull or engine and special set up:
anti-cavitation plate (hydrofoil fin)

Pulse 170 BR

I'm still working on the setup, but this is what I got so far:

Boat model and year: 1996 Pulse 170 BR

I/O or outboard: OB

Engine manu. and size, Horse power: 1999 Merc 2.5L, 200 EFI

Prop manu., model, pitch and diameter: Tempest Plus 25P