• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Should have never wintrized the boat!!

ckmate225

Its been so warm this winter I could have left the boat on the lift an run her around a few times.

If I Didn't shrink wrap it I probabaly would have!!! Its finnaly cooled off a little (25 for a low) still no snow to speak of, Definitly no ice. By this time of the year we are normally like Saskatoon in June....frozen solid ...:);)

Same here. If I had it in a garage instead of wrapped up for the winter I'd have been out it in a few times. I went ATV riding with a marine mechanic buddy I see on the lake all the time in the summer and we were talking about how we should be snowmobiling instead of ATV'ing. He said if his little beater outboard boat wasn't dead he'd have tossed it in a few times this "winter". I usually enjoy the winter time but this one really sucks and I can't wait for it to be over.

John

Same here. If I had it in a garage instead of wrapped up for the winter I'd have been out it in a few times. I went ATV riding with a marine mechanic buddy I see on the lake all the time in the summer and we were talking about how we should be snowmobiling instead of ATV'ing. He said if his little beater outboard boat wasn't dead he'd have tossed it in a few times this "winter". I usually enjoy the winter time but this one really sucks and I can't wait for it to be over.

John

Yup this winter really sucks John, even here the ice isn't safe everywhere, all the sled dealers in the area are starving, all of our local dealers have 100 to 250 sleds each still in the crates, gonna be a tough pill for them to swallow having that much inventory laying around all summer and by next year its all a year old, gonna be some good deals coming.

And Ted I bet our ice will be gone by late March this year, not June, in fact I don't ever remember having to wait until June, normally it's late April or early May.

John

I guess I'll have to wait until next year to crash your sled and kill myself in the process;)

Yup this winter really sucks John, even here the ice isn't safe everywhere, all the sled dealers in the area are starving, all of our local dealers have 100 to 250 sleds each still in the crates, gonna be a tough pill for them to swallow having that much inventory laying around all summer and by next year its all a year old, gonna be some good deals coming.

And Ted I bet our ice will be gone by late March this year, not June, in fact I don't ever remember having to wait until June, normally it's late April or early May.
Yeah with all the left over sleds there will be good deals since they have a lot of them. Thats how it kinda was where we go snowmobiling the guy wasnt really selling to many sleds he had a hole crap load of sleds in the crates in back.

Do you guys ever think about the cold water and protection in case something happened? As you may be able to tell, I have...

Having a little boat and going into the Potomac (pretty big water) I've thought about it quite a bit. I'll stay in the smaller lakes around until things warm up a bit.

Do you guys ever think about the cold water and protection in case something happened? As you may be able to tell, I have...

Having a little boat and going into the Potomac (pretty big water) I've thought about it quite a bit. I'll stay in the smaller lakes around until things warm up a bit.

as soon as i know there isnt any flow ice in the bay, we are out bouncing around:bigthumb: here is a video of the wife and i out last year....you can see how bundled up she is:thumb: you can also see the steam coming out of the exhaust due to the cold water:sssh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nrdx_XkyQ&feature=g-upl&context=G2174f3eAUAAAAAAACAA

Ive had mine out around 8 times since the last week of December. Bizarre weather here at least. We totally dodged winter.

"And Ted I bet our ice will be gone by late March this year, not June, in fact I don't ever remember having to wait until June, normally it's late April or early May. "

Ha! I'm just given you a razzing just cause your a bit farther North than I am. Honestly I dont think the weather is that much different than what we have here...Even this year.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for 70* weather in March. The first day that I see 70* on a day that I can get out from work I will be on the water.

With my luck winter will show up for March and April.:mad:

HD

i was boating in january here...put the boat up for the winter,it never came really!went out to the boat friday ,looked under the cover had to pullit off and fire her up!wow what a nice smell...two stroke!no ice to go ice fishing might as well use the boat!:poke:

Back