• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Metro Area Get Together

Been a while since ive been on here just seen this thread, but you guys take lots of pics sounds like a blast. The wife and I would be in for running but we are going down to the shootout this weekend. We would diffently be interested in next year for sure. You guys and gals have fun and be safe.

Well guys, I'm out. Won't make it. Have fun. :shakehead:

Found some broken parts last night and motor is coming out.
See my other thread for the details.

Well damn.......My boat still has overheating problems, going back to the builder. On the good side, I have a buddy with an old school predictor he is letting me borrow for the run, so I will be there tomorrow, 10am. Sorry to hear about the boat 94

I'll be there but I'll be riding in my bro-n-laws crownline. should be down there a hair before ten.......lookin forward to a bloody Mary at just sues after the ride to evansville

Well since 90 percent of the boats either broke or could not make it...
How was it?
Pics?
Stories?

I got out on Sunday in dad's old rinker, still better than being at work.

well........saturdays showing was not good........but I still had a blast! My loaner boat broke down!!!!! Thats my luck. Got to ride in my buddys 29ft Baja, went to evansville with Aaron and his friends for pizza and bloody mary. It was a fun day. Hopefully this will catch on and we can get some more people to attend. Weather is supposed to stay warm longer this year so we may try again before the end of the season.

Kind of funny it was a checkmate run while bfmccasper and I were riding in a crownline & baja respectively. Add that to the bayliner & picklefork joining us. I guess a communication error with Slingblade and jordan because I only saw slingblade for about 2 minutes...and he was leaving...and never saw jordan. Probably better for them as our crew wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere....and we had to wait on people we were picking up. Regardless it was nice meeting some more people on the river and hope we can try this again.....after I get my boat bacK!!!!!

Sorry about that . We met up with Jordan at the first no wake zone and should have waited. we were not in a hurry i just didn't want him waiting on us. I think with a little more planning and less break downs we should be able to get a good thing going on . I think that the k river is a good place to do it. what's not to like about 2 bars a lock and a big sandy beach. Fun Boating.:surf:

no worries, looks like you guys had a good time. sorry we couldn't meet up. we certainly have the boats in the area so we will have to do this again.

Ill be there sunday and mabey monday for labor day. Going to get the boat dialed in friday in indiana, so hopefully ill be ready. By the way, those who went to the shootout, know who bill mattingly is now?

Got my boat back....going for a sea trial tonight on the river....crossing my fingers. Depending on the weather we should be at Kinkaid at some point this weekend.

Back