• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Metro Area Get Together

well we are going to come to the get together. My wife said she will kick my a## if she gets hit by a flying carp at 70+mph... :banana:

Hahahaha, the flying carp dont bother the fiberglass boats too much! But thats true, better stay out front to make sure! I have 3 boats for sure coming with. 2 checkmates and one pickle. Trying to get a fourth one together with a buddy. Its a 76 Rasoncraft v drive big block boat.....but 3 boats for sure, there is always the possibility for more than that, we'll just have to wait and see. Can anybody take this information and make a flyer? I am not good with the computer when it comes to that stuff. I figure if we can get a flyer up and people can print em out and give them to friends it would be easier to promote.

Saturday Aug. 25th
Smittys Marina
New Athens, Il
Midwest Mates
Present
The 1st annual Checkmate ""FUN RUN" Meet
10am to ? Open to all boats
:cheers:

I am going to try and go. I cant make any commitments yet, as I am absolutely slammed with work right now and I have a lot of other things going on right now.

I am currently looking for a crew.

we are going to bring 2 boats. My 16yr old and a buddy is going to take my 20 ft Astro. We are trying to find lodging around on the south end .

Heck I got people I would rather not bring. I can call and ask them to come if you want. LOL

This thread lost its speed, I hope everyone has not forgotten about it!

Still tryin to work it out, but I am completely unfamiliar with that area. Talking to my brother, as he is at least vaguely familiar with the area.

I'm going to hijack my own thread for a hot minute since most people are responding to this one around STL. What shop do you guys trust around STL? I'd prefer to stay IL side, but will travel to the MO side for a shop worth the haul. I've decided with Labor Day & a trip to KY Lake coming up....I'm better off taking it in than trying to diagnose it myself.

I would call taylor marine, route 13 belleville, il or belleville powersports. Dont have their numbers off hand, but i trust both shops. On another note, i got my engine test fired and back on my boat tonight, also got seats back from upholstery shop, so i'll be ready on the 25th. Gonna test run sunday on the river

I've never had work done around here. But the one person who I knew always did was down at Nameoki Marine. I think they are a bit pricey.

Belleville Powersports guys, I have been in there to purchase things before and they "seem" like straight-forward guys. I live next to Cope Marine, but I'm not real sure that I would recc anything there.

I called Taylor Marine...seem like pretty straight forward guys. I'm gonna slap the exhaust manifolds back on with new gaskets and take it to them. There is a universal response with people I know who have boats around here...and that's don't take your boat to Cope. Now...none of the ones I've talked to have ever had work done there, but interesting there is a poor view of Cope. Regardless...I'm taking it in...I'm done standing on my head.

I personally love taylor marine, and yes, DO NOT go to Cope. I just talked to todd today, getting a bushing from him for my boat. Great guys up there! Tell Todd Catto sent you up there.

Back