• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Metro Area Get Together

I think Ill be down on the Kaskaskia on the 24th, have a cabin near the boat ramp in Baldwin, and I think waterstreet would be a good place for lunch (seems to be more boats in evansville than new athans these days) and maybe then Mississippi if everyone is game??

Don't know if anyone cares but the weekend of the 25th is the weekend of LOTO.
U was thinking about maybe going to LOTO but probably not...
I know that some of you guys go down to LOTO so I figured I would let ya'll know.

YEah, I talked to the Mrs two days ago about the shootout. She asked- Where the F were you planning on us staying? Dont think I'll be going to the shootout.

Actually, from smittys to evansville, running 47MPH ( ill be faster than that with the new motor) with no wake zones (think there are 3) its only like a 30 min haul, 45min tops. this is straight through with no stopping. I've done it many times. Yes there will be tie up time. Its not really that far. We can just skip the lock and dam. It's going to be a fun time. Anyone wanting to change the date because of the shootout is fine, but lets set the date and be done with it. I know I'm not going to make the shootout.

Catto

I guess I never done it without any stops!
And my dad runs 30 in his rinker and I'm always waiting for him.
OR maybe I just can't remember how long it takes :cheers: oops!
Anyway its always a good time down there...
So its the 25th?
I'm in. Whats the boat count? About 6-7?

I google mapped the distance. New Athens to Evansville is right around 18.5 miles. Evansville to the damn is 10. That doesn't sound bad at all, but as mentioned we do have some no wake to deal with. I would say 45 minutes straight through sounds rightish...at about 50 mph. I know you big boys run 65...but that'd be wide open throttle for me....and even then I'd be the only guy in the boat with a tailwind. :yell:

Sounds like meet up at Smitty's, run to Evansville, tie up, hang out, eat lunch, run down to the river (not locking out is fine with me if the river is low, or we don't have a guide). To not lose the group, if anyone doesn't want to lock out we can just run down to the damn and back. Then we can tie up again in Evansville...and everyone can stay as long as they are able.

I should have at least one other buddy bring his boat out for this adventure, maybe two (non-checkmates so don't raz them too hard ;)).

I like how this is shaping up.

I'll be there on the 25th. I say we try to make it early. Meet at smittys around 10am. That will give us plenty of time to hang out and bull****, do some swimming between there and evansville. I have two buddys that are coming with so far. One has a late 80's 19 foot checkmate. The other has a 72 Nodic Pickle fork that is insane. This is going to be a fun time!!!!

10a.m. sounds good to me. Your buddies pickle fork makes me think I should ask my future father in-law to bring out his jet boat. :sssh:.

BTW, if anyone is out and about I'll either be on Kinkaid on Sat. or Kaskaskia Sunday. TBD.

Tell your father and law to get out there. Havent seen anyone beat the pickle yet! I would love to see it! I will be on kaskaskia tonight, I go every wednesday. I have plans this sunday.

Saturday Aug. 25th
Smittys Marina
New Athens, Il
Midwest Mates
Present
The 1st annual Checkmate ""FUN RUN" Meet
10am to ? Open to all boats
:cheers:

Oh, I'm not saying he's going to beat him. He has a nice jet boat with a tired 460 if I recall correctly...I think it only does 70ish.

Well damn. I will be at the shootout that weekend otherwise I would meet up. I thought they weren't letting pleasure boats through the locks because the water levels though.

Trim'd up, you are correct. I was on the river last night and someone told me that piece of information. So, I guess we are just going to stay on the kaskaskia then. Have fun at the shootout though. Well meet up with ya next time

well...had an issue yesterday with loss of power....not sure what's going on yet...hopefully I'll still be there.:yell:

TTT!!!

Aj hopefully you get yours going, but if not I'm sure we can find you a ride with someone!

Ok so whats the boat count?

I count 6 checks without aj and 7 with...
Plus people said they had other people without mates that might come...
But you know how that is...

CMTTFMF!

LOL
:drool:

Well fellows I have good news x2. First word is that on Sat. (Aug 4) the lock and damn was open (they said as of last week they were closed through the week but open on weekends). We locked through and went to the island so this may still be an option if anyone is interested. Second, I take possession of my new to me checkmate on thurs. so I will be attending for sure!:banana:

Back