• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thinking of selling Jetmate 1972

I sent Bob a check and planning to pick up this sweet jet next weekend. I was wanting it this weekend but will be swinging over to Maryland on my way home from the Checkmate Rally at Cumberland. I'm a happy guy that has been wanting another Jet soooo bad ! Thanks Bob.

I'm going to get it repaired and take it to my cottage and keep it in the garage up there. We have 20 lakes in 20 minutes up there and it will be going to a great place up north. It's the perfect boat for this guy who appreciates a nice classic Jet !

Glad you guys got together on it.

How are you going to tow two boats after the rally?

I'm thinking a larger boat than the Starliner.

what input do you guys have about over nighting on 25'Convincor's?

Last edited:
I'm going to the rally boatless. Blew a head gasket and damaged the block deck so not a quick fix. I know many couples that overnight on a 253 and it's doable.

Can't wait to head up to Michigan one of these weekends and rip up a lake with Jeff in this thing!!! Also glad somebody bought it to get rid of my temptation!!!

As far as over-nighting om a 253, its very doable!! My wife and I do it on our on a regular basis. When we do, we add a memory foam and a down topper. It makes the cushions that come from Checkmate a lot more comfy. When we are out in a cove somewhere, we use a few battery operated fans to keep the air flowing. No better sleep than anchored out on a cove all by yourself with the sound of ripples lapping on the side of the boat!!!

I'm going to the rally boatless. Blew a head gasket and damaged the block deck so not a quick fix. I know many couples that overnight on a 253 and it's doable.

Sorry to hear about your engine problems.

We have open seats.

Should arrive at Grider Hill Thursday around 6pm. Gonna leave a little
later to avoid rush hour through Columbus and Cincinnati.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Back