• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Wakeboard Tower on '94 Persuader 218 br

Ale23Arg

Has anyone installed a wakeboard tower in one of these animals?

I just purchased a persuader 218 and it has a great v8 5.7 mercruiser and the wake it creates is pretty great. That combined with the big Transom makes it ideal for wakeboarding!!

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated!

You might want to think about a tall pylon that has a strap that goes around the bow, and the pylon mounts to the floor. We made one for a buddy's baja out of 2" steel tubing and it worked well.

You might want to think about a tall pylon that has a strap that goes around the bow, and the pylon mounts to the floor. We made one for a buddy's baja out of 2" steel tubing and it worked well.

I still want it to look cool!!!

i was thinking something more along the lines of this:

http://www.monstertower.com/Default.asp

I will go forward with my idea regardless.. I will be sure to post some pics and results once im done!

your not going to find a lot of people on here that likes wake towers. I do like the way a good wake tower looks. But it has to match the boat. I would put reinforcements at the mounting point regardless of the boat.

I wonder if it would be possible to weld some type of bearing to the top of the pole so that with some expert helmsman technique, one could swing the wake surfer in big complete circles around the boat without the surfer actually touching the water? Hey JumboFord Man, was that a 10 foot length or a 20?

This tower looks like a giant spoiler.

Stripper pole probably a better bet though - I would like to do a bit of skiing and boarding with my family, and having the extra 'lift' of a tower/pylon would help.

liminator-Anodized-Aluminum-Wakeboard-tower-3-_800.jpg

your not going to find a lot of people on here that likes wake towers. I do like the way a good wake tower looks. But it has to match the boat. I would put reinforcements at the mounting point regardless of the boat.
Actually, we've seen a couple of boats around here with wake towers that have converted former tower-haters.

I wonder if it would be possible to weld some type of bearing to the top of the pole so that with some expert helmsman technique, one could swing the wake surfer in big complete circles around the boat without the surfer actually touching the water? Hey JumboFord Man, was that a 10 foot length or a 20?
So, you calling for engineering and welding skills or are you suggesting the need for bigger, better hallucinogens?

Sweet, can double as a stripper pole:bigthumb:
Ah Keith, and this is why we love you so. You can always be counted on for your focus, vision and consistency.
:rof:

Old thread and I'm guessing owner was too embarrassed to show the completed pics. Didn't think I'd ever like a mate with a tower but I have to admit seeing Chucks boat in person proved me wrong. His tower works well and the kids love it.

If you want to wakeboard...... buy a wakeboard boat. Don't ruin the lines of a Checkmate. If you put one on, don't get butthurt when you post pics of it on a performance boat website and people don't like it.

There was a 218 on here with a wake tower somewhere.

The 2400BRX can be ordered with a wake tower built for the boat. It doesn't look too bad.

Back