• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Wanted OMC props

The torque shift props tend to not like to run on the surface.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Logo.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop, Currently the boat is undergoing overhaul.

icon_confused.gif
The tourqe shift prop couldnt shift riding on the top could it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Logo.jpg

CHECKMATE'S AND MOPAR'S GOTA LOVE EM
77 trimate merc150xr6
84 ambasador v8 i/o project

I can, but running on the surface is to much of a strain on the blades.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Logo.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop, Currently the boat is undergoing overhaul.

Brian......i check our prop room. We have a 24 Mercury chopper drill out to fit an OMC....and a 25 Turbo prop drill for OMC. Most likely not big enough for ya but i tought i'd let you know.
icon_biggrin.gif

Kip, thanks for looking for me bro, I am looking for a 27 or 29 srx, or a 3 blade chopper or cleaver.All I want the prop for is speed, most likly I will need a 28-31 pitch.If you know of any please let me know.Thanks

Brian

You do not want a cleaver, this is a stern lifting prop. You need bow lift baby.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Logo.jpg

175checkmate I want a semi-cleaver-chopper, I want all around lift bow and stern.I know what your saying about a cleaver though and you are right.

Brian

See if you can scare up a Mazco RE3...I've used them on exclusively on all my 90+MPH outboard powered boats. Here's a FYI...I ran a 30p Merc chopper @ 88MPH, and a 30p Mazco RE3 ran 92MPH! Great product but spendy new... Check on Scream & Fly's buy & sell prop section... usually has lots of them listed and used they run about $300ish. Jim.
thumb.gif

Back