• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What am I doing wrong?

Nice looking boat. Would look OK with a white motor on the back too ;)

Might be the last of the pre-BRX 20' boats for sale new

And despite them telling karz it's not rigged for anything there is a 250 HO e-tec hanging on the back right now, I just seen it a few hours ago, it might not be hooked up but it's on there and it looks ok, I didn't get close enough to see, just drove by after work.

And despite them telling karz it's not rigged for anything there is a 250 HO e-tec hanging on the back right now, I just seen it a few hours ago, it might not be hooked up but it's on there and it looks ok, I didn't get close enough to see, just drove by after work.

Right after I called they sent me five pictures, no motor in the pictures, so they are old.

When I called the guy(Dave) did say it had a motor hanging on it, but not rigged so anything was possible. I said, get me pics and a current list of options on the boat and anything they were willing to add or change, I asked for a price with the 250xs on it because their web page had them as a Merc dealer still. Maybe I should have asked for a 250 e-tec price also, and a foot of setback, maybe hydro steering?

I think I'm going to need to talk to them again soon, ...this could get out of control. My luck they will want $38,000 or more.

I'm guessing they'll go down below $38,000, but with a 115 on the back. From what little I can see in the pictures, that's a carpeted/wooden floor boat? Doesn't look like a Pirelli floor or a liner boat. Might want to take that into consideration, ask them about it. Randy hasn't been ordering the carpeted wooden floor for a few years now.

Prove it, P.M. me a price you think I would/should be willing to pay(something reasonably fair) and that you would have to take because it's too much not to.

:devil: I dare you.

that didn't work for me last month :D

that didn't work for me last month :D

Yea, he just double dared me to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.:)

I will, if this purple thing and one other boat that may be available do not work out.

Local Checkmate dealer has a 2008 Pulsare 2100BR with a Merc 250 Pro XS for sale. It's like new condition with 35 hours on it. Strips have flake in it. Interior is mostly white with red carpet. Bow/cockpit/mooring covers. C-hawk bunk trailer with swing away tongue. CMC hydro 10 inch jack plate. Worked 27" trophy plus prop. Asking 29,900 for it. Located at the Boat House of Madison

FCC-712794C48ACE-2719-000001659E4D3AD5_zps39b97a79.png

Last edited:
Right after I called they sent me five pictures, no motor in the pictures, so they are old.

When I called the guy(Dave) did say it had a motor hanging on it, but not rigged so anything was possible. I said, get me pics and a current list of options on the boat and anything they were willing to add or change, I asked for a price with the 250xs on it because their web page had them as a Merc dealer still. Maybe I should have asked for a 250 e-tec price also, and a foot of setback, maybe hydro steering?

I think I'm going to need to talk to them again soon, ...this could get out of control. My luck they will want $38,000 or more.

I was quoted 40k with a 250 e-tec about a year ago, I know he took this boat in when our dollar was chit so that had to do with the high price as well, I can't remember what the flooring is, he also has a 09 1850 BR with a 150 e-tec and the asking price on the sticker is 34,300 but I don't know the bottom dollar on it, they both come with sea star hydro steering, anything he sells with 150 hp or more comes with hydro steering.

Dad and were thinking of trading both our boats on that 2000BR last fall and we would have still had to pay 5k plus both boats, lol

Local Checkmate dealer has a 2008 Pulsare 2100BR with a Merc 250 Pro XS for sale. It's like new condition with 35 hours on it. Strips have flake in it. Interior is mostly white with red carpet. Bow/cockpit/mooring covers. C-hawk bunk trailer with swing away tongue. CMC hydro 10 inch jack plate. Worked 27" trophy plus prop. Asking 29,900 for it. Located at the Boat House of Madison

FCC-712794C48ACE-2719-000001659E4D3AD5_zps39b97a79.png

Thanks Madtown

This would be a great looking boat if the Yellow stripe was Black. But everything else is what I want. I'll show my girl the picture and see if she can live with the color combo?

Thanks Madtown

This would be a great looking boat if the Yellow stripe was Black. But everything else is what I want. I'll show my girl the picture and see if she can live with the color combo?

And that's the other reason I sold my Pulsare, and why I waited so long to buy it in the first place :rof:
The red/orange/yellow colors are Mercury Racing colors. Mine had the Mercury Racing 225 Promax on the back. For SOME REASON, red/orange/yellow just doesn't look right against a white background. Looks GREAT on the black Mercury! :D

Honestly, in person, it isn't so bad. Somehow photographs make this color combo worse than it really is. Our seat vinyl colors were also red/white/yellow. My daughter nicknamed it the McDonalds boat ;)

Edit: I just went through the pictures on the boat house web site. Showed them to my wife also. I may have to retract the statement that pictures make the colors worse than actual. We think that's even less attractive than the one we had :devil: But, it's still the elusive 2100BR, you may have to live with it like we did :p
I see a Roberts Marine sticker on the back corner

Mine:

imgp0238z.jpg

imgp0236a.jpg

1030326img.jpg

1060618img.jpg

Last edited:
One thing is for sure, a 2100BR in the wrong colors is much better than no 2100BR in the boat lift!

Mine was a '95, and MINT when I bought it. I bought it when it was about 6 years old? Paid $14,000 for it, which was a few grand under what they were 'worth' at the time. I think it's because of the colors. He couldn't get any interest over several months time. I must have been his only offer. Sold it two years later for $16,000 after switching the jack plate to a 10" HD RapidJack and adding the bow cover and fixing the lighting wiring and the stereo.
Imagine that, a 6 year old 2100BR with 225 in mint condition for $14,000. Amazing what 12 years can do to boat prices.

I kept in touch the guy that bought my Pulsare. He sold it about a year and a half ago for around $11k.

I didn't know about the hidden problems that the '90's Pulse and Pulsare boats had until after I sold my last boat, the Pulse 170 with the 135. The stringer/core/transom issues really started cropping up on this site a short time ago.

I was quoted 40k with a 250 e-tec about a year ago, I know he took this boat in when our dollar was chit so that had to do with the high price as well, I can't remember what the flooring is, he also has a 09 1850 BR with a 150 e-tec and the asking price on the sticker is 34,300 but I don't know the bottom dollar on it, they both come with sea star hydro steering, anything he sells with 150 hp or more comes with hydro steering.

Dad and were thinking of trading both our boats on that 2000BR last fall and we would have still had to pay 5k plus both boats, lol

I talked to Dave again yesterday, he said $40,000 with a 250 ProXS.

He also told me about an old Checkmate they were putting together and about had it ready to run.

So I started asking questions, 1981 18.7 foot I/O bowrider(Eluder) in Blue and Grey and reasonably good condition, that had an OMC drive package in it. They had a old Merc Blackhawk drive sitting around doing nothing. So they made a plug for the transom and put a new 300hp 5.7 and the Blackhawk in the boat and thought were going to be ready to test it Sat night. I'm going to have to call them this week and see how it went.

One thing is for sure, a 2100BR in the wrong colors is much better than no 2100BR in the boat lift!

So I showed the pictures Eric(Madtown) sent me and the ones from The Boathouse web site to my wife and she didn't hate it. She thought it looked OK, "kind of Summery" her words. So now I know why I don't like them as much, it's got chic colors on it. It's a girl boat.:yell:

Now I have to figure out if I'm man enough to drive a girl boat.:rof:

I talked to Dave again yesterday, he said $40,000 with a 250 ProXS.

He also told me about an old Checkmate they were putting together and about had it ready to run.

So I started asking questions, 1981 18.7 foot I/O bowrider(Eluder) in Blue and Grey and reasonably good condition, that had an OMC drive package in it. They had a old Merc Blackhawk drive sitting around doing nothing. So they made a plug for the transom and put a new 300hp 5.7 and the Blackhawk in the boat and thought were going to be ready to test it Sat night. I'm going to have to call them this week and see how it went.

That boat is in pretty rough shape, well alright considering its a 81, he originally had a 8.1 Volvo Penta he was going to hook to that Blackhawk, wonder if it wouldn't fit maybe, I have the centre windshield from that boat.

So I showed the pictures Eric(Madtown) sent me and the ones from The Boathouse web site to my wife and she didn't hate it. She thought it looked OK, "kind of Summery" her words. So now I know why I don't like them as much, it's got chic colors on it. It's a girl boat.:yell:

It honestly looks better in person as you can see the flake in the stripes. If the price was right I could deal with it. Forgot mention the motor is actually a Pro XS with the XS racing motor decals since they match the colors of the boat owner states. I drive by this boat everyday go to work & catches your eye that's for sure.

Eric

IF you can buy it right, you won't be seeing the colors at 79 mph while passing all the other boats on your lake ;)

It's an '08 package? 5 1/2 years old. If the motor is same year as the boat, it's gotta be worth $25k USD in those colors? (Be worth $29k USD in the colors of Josh's boat :D)

That boat is in pretty rough shape, well alright considering its a 81, he originally had a 8.1 Volvo Penta he was going to hook to that Blackhawk, wonder if it wouldn't fit maybe, I have the centre windshield from that boat.

I mentioned putting in a big block with the Blackhawk and he said they had a 496 but did not think it would fit?

If he gets the package right for the boat I'd be interested at the right price, as my current boat would be a direct swap.

Back