• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What you do for love!

Oh it was coming, but did you see how clean that machine is, even the kayak doesn't have a speck on it. No Checkmate Owners Guide Book violations here. Even a pad under the kayak. My heart swelled a bit when he mentioned the drinking part. Not enough freeboard on the smaller vessel though, never catch me in one of those.

Thanks Jimway, I almost enjoy spending time in the driveway with it as much as taking it out on a 100 mile“er”. A matter of fact the day before I spent over 4 hrs “whiting” the rub rail insert. It was pretty stained up from fuel, friction and such. (Wish I took the time for a picture or two). Nothing chemical was working so I decided to try sand paper. It took 150 to cut down and remove any staining and remove any small nicks. Then it was simply to hit with 220 then wet sand with 600 - 1000 grit. It was easy enough to keep the paper only on the plastic too. It looks great, it’s one of those things you kick yourself in the rear for not doing 4 or 5 yrs earlier.

I have another thing that’s driving me nuts. 3 yrs ago I purchased 4 d rated tires. Last month while up north I picked up a nail and the tire went flat and was ruined. Had to pickup another. It’s a c rated with a DIFFERENT TREAD PATTERN. Don’t know if i want to live with it or order a matching tire! I know it drives me crazy when I think about it!

Last edited:
I'd replace with matching tire and order a steel wheel to have an extra spare for the longer road trips.

Have a spare, replaced the tire to keep the spare available as I was only halfway thru the vacation. I’ll probably order a new tire thru the winter. What’s a 108 bucks in the middle January. Move the tire over to the spare, replace 5 yr tire with a 1 yr old tire.

Might go that way, now that I’ll have 2 good spare tires. Yrs ago heading to LC with the flite l lost a tire, no problem had a spare. Put it on it immediately goes flat. Aw Nuts. There was a mall in sight, I knew there had to be tire store there. Buy 2 new tires, the guys like”Dude your spare was 19 yrs old. (Had no ideal where it came from) all said and done lost an hour and 10 minutes.

Back