• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Winch Trouble

undecided

I dont know if this is common knowledge but I was cleaning my Boat and Trailer the other day and I thought I would pull out the Winch Cable, and check it before making the long trips this summer.

Sure enough once I had pulled the winch cable out a few extra feet from the 1988 Charoit trailer than I usually do to winch the boat in, there was rust and half frayed winch cable.

I pulled the old winch from the trailer mount and installed a new Fulton winch.

I was going to take a picture, but after having some trouble removing the old winch, I was at my wits end and flung it in the dumpster. I know I could have just replaced the cable but I liked the looks of the new one.

Just some info to let everyone know to check the cable.

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9617&stc=1&d=1463140419

Attachments

• 41+fLsp4ScL._AC_US160_.jpg
    41+fLsp4ScL._AC_US160_.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 24
That looks like the one I got from Amazon to replace my old cable winch. Awesome upgrade, we both love it. Toni can crank the old heavily loaded 251 up even when the trailer is backed in shallow, easily in low gear setting.

I also got mine from amazon. I went on Fultons' Website first then I went on amazon and got it for like 30 bucks less.

I just had to make a few adjustments for the bracket.

Joe

Back