• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

You have to see this

:shakehead:

:lol:

Ya think alcohol had some involvement in this party???? If not, it should have...

Grandbend Ontario, is actually on my list of trips next summer. Nice little beach town on Lake Huron, kind a like Lauderdale of the north. I plan on making 140 mile north trip by Boat, stay a couple nights at a marina and enjoy the beach and the nightlife then head south 140 miles back home. I stopped there for lunch on the way home from Topermory ON. And it seemed like it was worth the trip. (only the last 40 miles will be in the open waters of Lake Huron first hundred miles mostly protected waters ) As for that fiasco on the beach, I think it was driven more by ignorance then alcohol. Or Lotta both as we know them Canadians love their beer��. They were poberly saving 10 dollars and the time of using a launch located up the river ten minutes.

Grandbend Ontario, is actually on my list of trips next summer. Nice little beach town on Lake Huron, kind a like Lauderdale of the north. I plan on making 140 mile north trip by Boat, stay a couple nights at a marina and enjoy the beach and the nightlife then head south 140 miles back home. I stopped there for lunch on the way home from Topermory ON. And it seemed like it was worth the trip. (only the last 40 miles will be in the open waters of Lake Huron first hundred miles mostly protected waters ) As for that fiasco on the beach, I think it was driven more by ignorance then alcohol. Or Lotta both as we know them Canadians love their beer��. They were poberly saving 10 dollars and the time of using a launch located up the river ten minutes.

Now that is funny!

Yes, I figure they got there probably eight in the morning, and that method worked just fine when it was dead calm. they didn't consider a 20+ mile an hour wind a pick up in the afternoon. I guess there's always a learning curve?

Back