• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Picking up 2006 21ft Pulsare on Saturday

One of the keys is the height of the motor. So what I would do is ask JW or some of the other guys what distance he was running the prop shaft below the pad. Then make sure with your setup you can raise your motor to that height. The optimum height varies a little bit from boat to boat, but not usually dramatically.

Also make sure you have a temp or water pressure guage. I'd personally rather have a temp guage if I had to choose one, but that's just me. ;)

Are you by yourself when it chinewalks ? I found out real fast. I was getting some violent chinewalk when I ran by myself. The boat needs to be well balanced. Throw some gear on the opposite side to balance the weight. If I have two or three people in the boat I have little to zero walk.

Put some pics up of how ya have the motor setup, height, setback , where motor is mounted any pics will help. I have a starflite with a 87 yamaha 240 ish hp and am wanting to top get a pulsare br. I have got to believe that something is seriously wrong with the set up to chine walk at 50mph sounds like the motor is tottaly burried. Im thinking that boat should go high 60s with a just about annyone behind the wheel(maybe not anyone but for sure any checkmate owner):thumb:And set up properly with some seat time 73-75 shoildnt be out of the question(what altitude are you at roughly) Seat time is of absolute importance when neering the 70mph mark. When i first got my starflite it ran 64 gps with the right set back engine height and prop. im 73.6 now with full tank. :bigthumb: I think you should be able to get by a lil old starflite :) . Good luck Aaron

I have a 2000 Pulsare with 225 EFI. I've run a solid 73.2mph(gps). That was with a 25 Tempest prop @ 5700rpms. I will soon add another 8" of setback to the current 5.5" cmc jackplate. I'll probably get a Trophy Plus 25 or 26 to turn with the extra setback and raised engine height. I'd like to see 75+:banana:

Thanks to all. I will try to post some pictures of my set up. I do have a CMC power lift with I believe is a 10" set back. The motor is set on the third hole down and in the lower hole on the lift. I do have a water temp, but I thought pressure would be more important.

Usually it is my wife and I in the boat with 1/2 tank of fuel. I do feel that the turbo prop is not the right one and come Monday i'll be buying a 25 tempest.

Are you adding 8 inches to the 5.5? I think id just go with either a 10 or 12 " one piece. Combineing two is alot of stress on the transom not sure youll get alot of beifit for the extra unneeded stress . I have 12" vance mfg that works great alows more height then the cmc 10" allowed and there very resonable on ebay. Its not quite as heavy dudy as the cmc but is more then enuff for my setup and once i got it set i have not needed to change it regardles of the amount of weight im carring. Aaron

No I'm not adding to the CMC. It was set up like that whenI got it. I really think my rpm's are maxed out when I'm at 50. Not I should say that this is not on gps but speedo. I do not have a gps at my disposal. May be tomorrow I'll get my buddy to come out with me with his.

Check your prop shaft height in relation to your hull. Most people are getting their best results with prop shaft about 2.5-3.5 inches below pad. Note this setting on gauge. When you're out there running do some testing with jackplate height and trim. Watch your temp/pressure gauge and have your buddy monitor the gps for best speed. Make mental notes for best settings(jackplate height and trim)

When I ran my 25 Tempest it was not the best out of the hole.(It would tend to blowout/cavitate) If you get a prop with the vent holes you can adjust this by changing hole sizes. Go larger holes for any bog or struggle to spool up and smaller holes for cavitation or blowout.

aaronmt,

I wish I could have put in a 10-12" jackplate but, I purchased the boat with the hydraulic cmc 5.5" jackplate and Hydro Dynamics makes a great extension plate that converts into a 6"or 8" plate(all 1/2" contruction). I don't believe the two pieces will add any additional stress than one single piece(12" single vs 12" two piece) I will be running approx. 11.5"-13.5" of setback.(depending on which works best) I have a friend who has a 12" stainless marine setback bolted to a 5.5" cmc for 17.5" of setback. His runs much better than my 5.5" current setback.

http://hydrodynamics-usa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=49

I run a 12" setback bracket and a 4.25" Stainless Marine Gorilla hydraulic jackple.

Attachments

• 2100 L 300x and rear of boat.jpg
    2100 L 300x and rear of boat.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 37
450lbs hanging fro the transom is the same on 1 12" jack plate as it is from 2 6" plates. The nice thing about having 2 (1 manual and 1 hydraulic) is you can get more height and the you can fine tune with the manual plate to limit that height once you find the sweet spot! Tempest Plus and Trophy Plus props like different engine settings and also, a 25" Tempest Plus will not turn the same rpm's as a Trophy Plus. There is about 400rpm difference. I just tried a 25" Tempest Plus straight from the box and dropped to 4900rpm and 63 mph compared to my 27" Trophy Plus (5500rpm's and 74mph). Good luck and if I can help anyone in any way, give me a shout! boatman

I have it trimed out to the max and plate sucked up to the top. I think my speed lies in the prop. Calling my merc dealer tomorrow to se if he has a 25 tempest in stock to try out.

Hey X1

I think that is the boat I almost bought in late July from an Ontario dealer. It was as close to new as you can get.

Apparently it the ad said it would do 75+. and it should when rigged right.

I ended up with a very similar rig only difference being colour and I powered it with a 225 Pro XS running a 27 tempest. At 65 I can take my hands off the wheel and it runs straight and flat. So far best speed is about 76 on GPS.

Glad to see another 2100 in Ontario.

IZ

Stephens Bay around the corner from Pride of Muskoka - actually had a job interview with them on Tuesday - find out tomorrow if i get it or not.

I know where you are.....

We are down by Mortimers Point (almost at the marina)

Have you got that thing running any better.

Good luck with the job

IZ

ianz said:
I know where you are.....

We are down by Mortimers Point (almost at the marina)

Have you got that thing running any better.

Good luck with the job

IZ

cool - we got married at the church of the kettles!

I can see the church dock form my dock....

IZ

I have a 25p tempest that you could try. it weather permits. i sent you a pm with my cell #

IZ

Back