• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Picking up 2006 21ft Pulsare on Saturday

X1 FCAT

Well I finally did it. I will be the owner of a 2006 21ft pulsare B/R. can hardly wait to go for a spin. Will be picking it up on Sat. AM.

Should be a blast.

I'll post some Pictures when I get it.

Till then...keep the hammer down.

Mercury 225 Optimax on a power jack plate. Should be a blast. It has a 4 blade stainless, but thinking of a 25 or 26 pitch Tempest. I'd like to see if I can get over 75mph.

75 is doable, you'll need a tight fitting bow cover to do it though. And a 25" Tempest Plus in new condition............Congrats!

I only drove this 2006 once before I sold it, but it ran 74.9 on GPS with a 225 Opti and a 26 Trophy prop.

Attachments

• 21 yellow side at ramp.jpg
    21 yellow side at ramp.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 66
Was able to go for a ride today for the first time, what a blast. It rides awesome compared to the scowl I had before.

The motor has about 5 hours on it, but it seems to labour comning out of the hole. There is no markings on the prop but the guy I bought it from said it was a 24 pitch (it is a 4 blade prop with stickers that say turbo 2 + 2).

This evening my sister and brother in law were with my wife and I and the engine had to work hard to get to plane out! With 4 blades I thought it would pop right out. Any help about pitch and style would help. I will definitely will be doing some skiing.

Thanks in advance

Get a 25" Tempest maybe a 27" and have it reworked by Boger or similar prop shop.
I run a 2100Br Pulsare with a 225 opti back 10" on Hyd lift with a super tight custom bow cover. Also note the hull of my boat has been modified I have a 10" wide 1" high pad so it runs a little different than a stock Pulsare.

I have seen 79.4 MPH with a Boger customized 27" Tempest but poor hole shot.

I have a 25 Boger Trophy plus great hole shot but it doesn't carry the boat or hold in corners the way the Tempests do. It runs 72MPh. Its for sale 500.00 have over 1200.00 into it.

Best prop to date is a Bogerized 25" Tempest good hole shot not as good as the Trophy but better every other way running at 77.1 on GPS.

Unless you only use the boat loaded with passengers or wakeboarding/sking get a Tempest you can't believe the difference.

The Pulsare especially the Bowrider is bow heavy the Trophy or any other 4 blade won't give you the bow lift you need to get the speed you want. Bow lift reduces drag, increasing the efficiency of the boat and improving overall performance.

The Trophy is easier to drive less chine walk tendency but the Tempest is the ticket for the Pulsare.

I have run over 12 props on the boat and this is what I found works the best.

The only thing I wish is that the Tempest sounded like an over the hub Chopper or Lightning love that sound trimmed out lift up flat out.

Enjoy your boat there’s nothing in the class better.

Hey Tcat,

Thanks for the 411. I was thinking about a 25 or 16 pitch tempest, so I'll try and scrounge them up to try.

Who did you hull mod? sounds interesting. I also have a 10" CMC. What hole are you at on the motor? Mine is at 1 below the trasnsom of the motor. I do get a chine at about 50mph. I have not been able to get past. I think the turbo prop is holding me back as well as the motor mounting on the jack plate.

Good to see a fellow Checkmate'r in Ontario.

Thanks,

Do you drive Arctic Cat?

Hi X1 Fcat (asume Firecat)
Used to ride Thudercats now a D&D f800 firecat Sno Pro.

My Cottage is on Manitouwabing between Parry Sound and Magnetawan.
We ride to North Bay from there once or twice a winter.

On the engine placement it is in the 3rd hole down from the top on the lift. I could drop to 2 down I can't run with the lift all the way up 3 holes down the speed drops off too much at top end i get slipage that high up. I forget where it is on the transom plate to the boat. I am going to the cottage tomorrow I will check and let you know.

I also run Mercury water scoops on the water pickups I have an 1999 engine it does not have low water pickups. I don't know if you have a low water pickups on your lower unit if not the scoops work great. youl need one of these two to keep water pressure with the lift up.

In the ist 2 pictures you can see some of the pad on the bottom of the boat. The 3rd is a stock 2005 Pulsare. I cannot take credit for this it was the original owner he did a lot of custom work on it. It is so good I thought it was a factory job. I guess it rides a little harder in rough water but it is like a big ski it rides really high out of the water. Some people dont believe the speeds i get from it.

plate%20up.JPG

1998%20Pulsare1.JPG
2005%20Pulsare2.JPG

Seat time is all you need to get past the chine walk. I asume you have hydraulic steering?

My first Checkmate was a 1979 V-mate II with a 200 max on it, it took me most of the first summer to get to the point I could run over 60mph then wham one day mid 70s no problem. After that it is like riding a bicycle you just do it.

Find a good Tempest the 25 or 26 and keep the turbo for a spare.

Check this site out they have some good prop deals
http://www.bassboatcentral.com/props4sale1.htm

Yes I do drive a Firecat. I went with the 757 kit from D&D, it still gives you the stock "look". A very nice trail set up, but when you get to the lake it really rips!!!

Your hull does look like factory, very nice. At 50 the boat is at its rpm max. How is the hole shot with a 25 or 26 tempest? Do you think I should start with the 25 or 26? Tempest or tempest plus? Sorry for all the questions, I am fairly new to the sport boat world.

Yes I do have hydrolic steering. My 225 is a 2006 and looks like there is an intake on the front of the bullet of the gear case. I am going to be getting a water pressure meter instesd of the water temp.

Once again thanks for the help.

I would look for a 25 Tempest I know the Prop Mod shop guys like it better that than the Tempest Plus. Dont know why?

Just my own experience I don’t think the 26 will have the hole shot you want and may not reach full RPM on your boat. The 25 Tempest is the way to go its hole shot is not as good as the 4 blade 25 Trophy Plus but more to end speed and tracks better in tight turns and less likely to blow out and cavitate.

What pipe(s) are on the 757? I ran the monster twins until I got stopped for noise now the single D&D in to the stock can.

I double checked my motor mount today and found that the motor is mounted in the third hole. Going to try a 25 tempest for sure. I'm interested in your Bogerized Trophy but would like to try Tempest first. Which is better for reducing the chine?

I sure hope it will break 60 with the 25! I'm maxed out at 50 with the turbo 4 blade.

You got stopped by the Po-Po's too. Seems that they do not have any humour. They're ruining the sport!!! I have a D&D single as well. I did have a D&D silent can as well but they still gave me a ticket. It is probably is not much louder than stock, but because it has been modified we are S.O.L. One could fight it because it is not modified but replaced. BASTARD's. I payed it anyway because I am a local and will be stopped more often. O well!!

Cat,

A Pulsare shouldn't walk at 50.

Ask JW about his old 2100.

It was a 2100 B/R with a 225 Promax.

Once he nailed the setup he said it drove like it was on rails, and that was while running in the low to mid 70's.

I hope it is just the turbo prop causing it then. Yes it is still new to me, so I'm sure it will take some seat time. What pitch and model prop do you suggest?

Back