• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bimini top mod for Pulse 170 thread

And stowed in the 'upright' position:

img0356lc8.jpg

Booty shot

Here's a shot from the stern. Plenty of head room when re-entering the boat, and nobody drips on the bimini :bigthumb:

img0357ul0.jpg

I gotta get rid of that Dewitt Michigan sticker on the back........................

JW I like those rear supports much better than the straps. Now we need a picture of you standing in the boat.:D

So the bimini mod is almost complete. What's left? Remove all the fittings and decide whether to re-attach with 3M 5200 in the screw holes and under the fittings - OR - better yet throw the screws away and replace with a thru-bolt setup.

Also considering replacing the nylon thumb-screw style attachments with stainless quick disconnects I saw listed on Overtons.

Mods for another weekend :D

I wasn't about to get into the boat, my boots were MUDDY!!

Yes, it came with a red sunbrella custom cover EXACTLY like the one I had for my other '92 Pulse. It's on it's last legs though. Have to decide whether to get another $600 custom cover made for it like I did the FourWinns.

The bimini top doesn't look as tall outside in the yard as it did when you took pictures in the garage. I was thinking I really need to cut mine down.

If I weren't so dang tall :brickwall: I would have cut mine down 6-8" for sure. The lower the bimini is, the better it covers the cockpit when the sun is too hot. As it is right now, if I stand up straight my head's pushing up on the sunbrella :lol:

I guess being short (5'-9")isn't a bad thing.:poke: :D I thought about cutting mine down at least 8". I don't mind stooping a little to move around.

Here's another shot at eye level:

IMG_0349side.JPG

As compared to the photo I posted on page 6:

img0350ug0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Does that make it look taller or shorter?

I was going to install my bimini top today but it was so windy it was like opening an umbrella in a wind tunnel.:eyecrazy: So I'll try tomorrow and post some pictures. I did install the depth finder I bought from JW, so I got something accomplished today.

Cool! :thumb: How did the install go? Looked like an easy install when I removed it. Can't wait to see pix! Got the check a couple days ago. Wonder if I'll remember to cash it? LOL! :rof:

Jw the install wasn't bad at all. Here's some pictures of the depth finder.

Attachments

• 108_0899.JPG
    108_0899.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 109_0902.JPG
    109_0902.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 109_0905.JPG
    109_0905.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 26
Sure did. Everything works so far. I connected the hot wire to my ignition switch since it doesn't have a on/off button. I'm getting ready to install the bimini top now, will post pictures shortly.

Well guys I got my Bimini Top installed today. Mine looks just like JW's, the only mod I did was cut the main support post down 8". I can still stand underneath it. Here are some pictures. Btw if you look close you can see the pollen falling here already.:D

109_0909.jpg

109_0912.jpg

109_0915.jpg

109_0914.jpg

Looks GREAT! Gonna order the rear supports, or try it like that for a while? With my 8" longer pole :)rof:) my bimini hit the motor when I had it laying backwards so I had to get the rear supports.

Looks GREAT! Gonna order the rear supports, or try it like that for a while? With my 8" longer pole :)rof:) my bimini hit the motor when I had it laying backwards so I had to get the rear supports.

:rof: Sometimes bigger not better. :poke: Actually with the ski pole attached the bimini lays against so i might leave it as is for a while.

JW I think I'm going to add those rear supports because the bimini will be laying against the ski pole. Where did you order those rear supports?

Back