• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Finally got my mate!!!

Hey guys,

This past weekend i drove out to pittsburgh from philly to get my first checkmate:banana:. It is a 82 sportfire. I purchased it from Anthony(needafunboat). I drove 5 hours to get it and let me tell you it was worht every bit of my money,every mile drivien, and every gallon of gas burnt. This boat is so clean. it exceded my expectations. This coming weekend i will be putting it in the water for the first time. i cant wait. I just wanted to let everyone know that i am now a proud owner of a checkmate, and look forward to being part of this community. I will keep everyone posted and get some pics up here as soon as i get some.

Cody(leadfoot327@gmail.com)

Hey guys,

This past weekend i drove out to pittsburgh from philly to get my first checkmate:banana:. It is a 82 sportfire. I purchased it from Anthony(needafunboat). I drove 5 hours to get it and let me tell you it was worht every bit of my money,every mile drivien, and every gallon of gas burnt. This boat is so clean. it exceded my expectations. This coming weekend i will be putting it in the water for the first time. i cant wait. I just wanted to let everyone know that i am now a proud owner of a checkmate, and look forward to being part of this community. I will keep everyone posted and get some pics up here as soon as i get some.

Cody(leadfoot327@gmail.com)

Congrats on your new boat!!!!:thumb:

hey guys,

I got her in the water this weekend. I must say she exceeded my expectations. I did get a chance to do a few speed runs. I got to 61.5 on the gps but It was chine walking pretty bad (atleast in my opinion as Ihave never experienced it before) it still had some more to go too:D but my passeneger got creeped out from the chine walk and I didnt want anyone to sh&$ their pants on my new boat. I got some pictures and will get some more videos and pics tomorrow and post them when I get home.

what is the setup?
prop?
engine height?
jack plate.....hyd or man?
great 1st run!!
Daren34 had a Diplomat outboard w/ a johnson 140 years ago, we both have sterndrives now

Congrats Cody - I'm happy that you're happy with her.

Like I said - be careful, there's plenty of time left in the summer to get that top speed pass.

:welcome:
congrats on the new boat!!!:thumb:

that chine walks wakes you up in a hurry, be careful !!

it was only a few months ago i was in your shoes, 100 gallons of gas later, im gettin a feel for it:banana:

big dave

my setup is :
1981 sportfire
1987 merc 150 xr2
a manual powerlift jackplate
the prop is a 23p SS quicksilver
i also just put a stingray xpII fin on it

im not sure about the engine height. how do i go about measuring that? im thinking that maybe some adjustments in the jackplate will help with the chine walk. when i have 2 people sitting in the back of the boat it doesnt walk near as bad.

once i am done this message i am going to sign up and become a supporting member and post some pics!!

anthony

i couldnt be happier. i was worried i was going to regret selling my ski to get a boat but im glad i made that move. im glad to hear your getting to enjoy your boat with the family. How is your dad doing?

What do you guys do to get around/through chinewalk?

thanks man im sure i will. ill post some more pics this weekend. im going to take my girlfriend out to the beach and hopefully i can get some good still shots

Back