• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Just got my 1st 20BRX! INCREDIBLE!!

A speed boat is suppose to have a “tight” cockpit. …I hope Checkmate at least keeps to a minimum the models that take on this new look, then maybe I can live with it. Make 1 or 2 of these “family” style models and continue to make the majority of your boats sleek, low, and cocky.

-Craig

It has been said many times, all of the old style molds are still there and they will build which ever one you want. But by expanding the line a little, there may be more people wanting to have one built. Not every one likes the same thing. boatman

Heck, if Ward Cleaver can keep Checkmate producing our beloved classics, we need to welcome him with open arms.

I never thought I'd see the day, however, when a Starflight/Starliner/Pulsare would be mentioned in the same sentence as a bag-phone.

The boat looks awsome and i would and hope to buy one. I have been looking at other outboard runabouts in the 18-20' range.

Here is an example of what's out there. These are the real competition for the 20BRX.

Checkmate is very smart for offering as low priced boat that beats the crap out of their competitors and get's buyers into a Checkmate to create brand loyalty.

glastron.jpg

searay.jpg

You can add this one to the mix too:

Attachments

• IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 31
  • _MG_9676.jpg
    _MG_9676.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 28
And this one, a little smaller than the other one's, there really isn't much too choose from in this family O/B class and the Checkmate wins easily as the nicest boat IMO.

1196020_1.jpg

landing_108995.jpg

THE new emissions regs causing the I/Os to jump in price will spawn a whole new interest in small OBs

Ill take the sunquest, swap the brunette from the drivers seat into my enticer, then sell the hull and motor. Anyone know what kinda rigging I'll need for that swap? :rof:

The boat looks awsome and i would and hope to buy one. I have been looking at other outboard runabouts in the 18-20' range.

Here is an example of what's out there. These are the real competition for the 20BRX.

Checkmate is very smart for offering as low priced boat that beats the crap out of their competitors and get's buyers into a Checkmate to create brand loyalty.
I agree with the strategy of a family friendly offering. However, if Checkmate really wants to break into this segment of the market they need to offer the 20BRX with a higher windshield... at least as an option.

In our part of the world EVERYONE puts a full convertible top on their boat. You can scarcely find a new boat on the marina lot without one. We have lakes everywhere and people use their boats as transportation. My summer place is on an island and you travel by boat to Safeway, Pizza Hut, Walmart etc. If it is raining you don't stay home, you put the top up and go out. The first thing I did with my Diplomat was put a top on it.

In the 80's Checkmate bowriders all had taller windshields than the long decks and you could put a top on any of them. If Checkmate is really interested in the family sport boat market they should revisit the idea.

lake2007-18.jpg

I know you have to do this Mark, but it is so wrong on every level - lol! checkmates should never have tops!

You obviously don't boat in Florida. You'll fry without a top. This one stays put at 70 mph.

21onshorebiminitop.jpg

no - i wish - we only have a couple of decent months of sunny hot weather, nothing a hat and sunscreen can't solve - but i could certainly get used to your problems - sun all the time, warm, yup - could take that any day :cheers:

I agree with the strategy of a family friendly offering. However, if Checkmate really wants to break into this segment of the market they need to offer the 20BRX with a higher windshield... at least as an option.

In our part of the world EVERYONE puts a full convertible top on their boat. You can scarcely find a new boat on the marina lot without one. We have lakes everywhere and people use their boats as transportation. My summer place is on an island and you travel by boat to Safeway, Pizza Hut, Walmart etc. If it is raining you don't stay home, you put the top up and go out. The first thing I did with my Diplomat was put a top on it.

In the 80's Checkmate bowriders all had taller windshields than the long decks and you could put a top on any of them. If Checkmate is really interested in the family sport boat market they should revisit the idea.

lake2007-18.jpg

I couldn't agree more, my boat is getting a full convertible top next winter, I should have done it this winter but I'm doing the interior and can't swing both.

no - i wish - we only have a couple of decent months of sunny hot weather, nothing a hat and sunscreen can't solve - but i could certainly get used to your problems - sun all the time, warm, yup - could take that any day :cheers:

In Canada the sun is not our problem, it is the rain, and for that you need a full top not a bimini.

Back