• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Just got my 1st 20BRX! INCREDIBLE!!

nice looking boat as usual wildman! checkmate needed to update its style and i think it looks great! all manufactures change/update their look (cars,trucks,motorcycles ect) and checkmate is no different!

I dig old school but...

I'll tip my hat to Checkmate on this one...you gotta be looking forward if you're going to survive. Do you drive your car by looking only in the rear view mirror? If you do...by the time you see an opportunity, it's already behind you.

The fact that it's the old 2000 Hull under a new cap is pretty clever. Proven performance where it counts...new look on top. I hope they sell an ass load of them.

Nice boat wildman.

You guys realize the hull mould is the same as the 2000 Pulsare right?

I've seen a few comments/questions on the size of the pad etc.

It's the same hull as the regular 2000 Pulsare, just the deck mould and inner liner are different. :thumb:

It looks good to me!

And per usual, Wildman does an amazing job on the colours and graphics choice. :thumb:

-Chris

No I didn't know that and I don't know the size of the pad of the 2000 Pulsare anyway.

looking good wildman,
IMO that color combo/design looks about 100x better than the one they did the photoshoot with. Plus its got metalflake, which I am all about. Still not sure im in love with the raised deck if that makes any sense, but a sharp looking boat for sure, and bayliner looking or not, sounds like itll spank a baja. :bounce:

:surf:

51407_170085819684089_170085363017468_64501_1418_t.jpg
Checkmate power boats on facebook just posted up a video of them running the boat. Looks pretty smooth running.

I just figuered the options on this boat. It will be $44,035 as shown. I also measured the cockpit. It is 80" wide. The 21BR is 65" wide. That's 15" more width!

I know the driver seat is farther forward, and it has to be heavier. I noticed in the video, it is running wetter than my 07 2000br. if I knew how to bring the link over from youtube, you could compare. boatmandefault.jpg

I,m sure Randy will come up w/ a vid.
It will be interesting to see the results.Performance has a lot to do w/the driver.. :devil:

Wildman...I want to apologise for my hastey comment in my earlier post. I , in no way shape or form meant any disrespect to you or your incredible talent. I was looking at the photos and have always loved the sweeping lines and the deadrise Checkmates have always had, and I just don,t see it here?

Cheers

Well... I've said what thought about this model in the other thread, but this one does look alot better. Great job picking out the combination of colors, as usual Randy. While I still don't care for the hulls profile (love the oldschool) its pretty impressive as far as space goes on a 20ft boat. Should make a great boat for a family man wanting some performance and easy cleanup. I don't mind the radio placement... after all the misses can pick out radio stations- or at least the good ones follow orders, right? An improvement worth noting is the added storage space on the passenger side dash. Drivers side dash is better with the color contrast, but not great. Could use some more gauges since its kinda plain, imo. The seats look better with the color combo you picked also.

I like the radio location, the remote will work better from the drivers seat. A glove compartment is a nice addition. I miss having one in the pulsare to keep the shrapnel in. Might have to fab something in the spring. The look of the boat will have to grow on me... or not. It just doesn't "look" like any kind of performance boat. I think the 2100 looks fast sitting still... the brx does not.

wow... I don,t want to be a d**k, but IMO at first glance I thought that someone had done a great job dolling up a BAYLINER ARRIVA, sorry but it seems to look like 80% of the mass produced " sport boats" on the water today ????

that was exactly my first thought! I love the color choice and the room it has, I think what i dont like is the way the side windows taper in to the deck but other than that i like it

It's sad.....I can't tell the difference between this boat and a 20' Crownline. Someone mentioned they liked that the wide gunwales are gone. Checkmates are suppose to have wide gunwales.Their suppose to have a low-profile, long deck. The windshield on this thing is up on the front third of the boat.

Absolutly horrible looking, and I'm not talking about the rigging, just the boat.

-Craig

It's sad.....I can't tell the difference between this boat and a 20' Crownline. Someone mentioned they liked that the wide gunwales are gone. Checkmates are suppose to have wide gunwales.Their suppose to have a low-profile, long deck. The windshield on this thing is up on the front third of the boat.

Absolutly horrible looking, and I'm not talking about the rigging, just the boat.

-Craig
The cockpit width would be a big selling feature for me. The windshield lines... not so much.

Back