• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New guy in Texas

bikerx

Well I finally bought a Checkmate!! I've always been a Cat man ( except my center console fishing boats, a 33 Powerplay and a 29 Fountain) and couldn't be happier. My buddy Randy Corson kept telling me how great Checks were and how well they were built, so on a boat buying trip to Florida I flipped out at a deal I couldn't refuse and bought a beautiful 2000 280 ZT, 454 385hp, 100+ hr, like new!!! I am really looking forward to spending all of my grown children's inheritence on motor upgrades and custom stuff to make it my own. Good to join the ranks, now if it will rain in Texas and put some water in our lakes I will enjoy my new boat!!

Nice looking ZT, Steve!

Attachments

• Picture%20022.jpg
    Picture%20022.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture%20020.jpg
    Picture%20020.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 44
welcome!! what part of texas are you from and which of our lake (now rivers) to you boat on?

texas

I live in the Dallas area, Rowlett near Lake Ray Hubbard. The lake is the lowest I have seen it in 20 yrs, stumps showing everywhere. I think maybe one or two private pay ramps open. Great for fishing, all the fish are corraled into a much smaller pond!!!! All the other lakes in the area are just as bad. We need rain bad or next year we won't have a boating season. SP

I am originally from the austin area. lake travis has no more public open and is down almost to the original river channel. now in waco and lake waco is not that far down number wise but it is close to the original depth and starting to get thin in places.

Back