• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

long weekend time, woo hoo!

john lamon

Long weekends here for me in just a few hours, this is always my favorite weekend of the year but this one should be even better with 2 checks to play with, dad called this morning and instructed me that after I pick up his lift in the morning that I have to go get the 104 ft of new dock he bought today, the guy cracks me up, he was gonna go without a dock for a while but in his words he says to me, f it if I want to go for a ride in my 3 piece suit I'm going to, and stay dry doing it, lol cause he wears a lot of suits, maybe on Christmas eve and that's it, lol he spent more on his dock and lift than my whole boat cost... Gonna be a busy weekend getting it all put together but there will be lots of time for boating too, pics and vids to come, guess who gets to do most of the work? I got a pretty good idea.... Man its painful doing this on a blackberry, can't see what I already wrote, hopefully it makes sense

EFF IT! It's the weekend we really don't care if anything makes sense until next week and even then it's optional:D

Sounds like a fun filled weekend John have fun

Victoria Day!

My old man keeps me hoppin' too. He hasn't mowed his grass, put in his lifts and dock, winterized his boat, or done anything on his lake house for years. That's what I'm for. The pay sucks, but the steaks and beer are free.

Victoria Day!

My old man keeps me hoppin' too. He hasn't mowed his grass, put in his lifts and dock, winterized his boat, or done anything on his lake house for years. That's what I'm for. The pay sucks, but the steaks and beer are free.

Yup, it's a great deal really isn't it, I just wish I didn't have my own cabin to look after as well, it feels great to be fixing up grandmas place and have it being used again, for a number of years nobody has done anything there, my parents didn't go out much and when they did they stayed with us, I just keep the grass and hedge cut, along with the lift and dock I have a crap load of overgrown bush to clear, the old fire pit area is so overgrown you can't even tell it was ever there, and the stairs going down to the lake are all rotten, gonna tackle as much as we can this weekend, at least I got the new roof on last fall so it's good now, by mid summer we should have everything fixed up, my landscaping at home is taking a back seat to this so Mom and Dad can enjoy a nice place at the lake again, lucky I have an understanding wife, LOL

gonna see how time goes this summer, we own the empty lot behind the cabin and we're thinking of building a Checkmate shed there to keep the boats in in the winter, complete with a TV area and bar ofcourse :cheers:

Future Checkmate Man shed site :D

247564_10150194552147060_593712059_7449091_3592726_n.jpg

Have fun John . Our long weekend is Next weekend and for the First time in my life I wont be able to go up to the lake .... I havent even been there since October and Have no Clue of when Ill even be able to go .....

Victoria Day!

I feel ya there....I have to do about everything for my old man anymore....he isnt very flexible and is quite demanding....but I eat well out of it...haha

All loaded up, $12,500.00 worth of dock and lift and that was cost price through my work :eyecrazy:

Now where the hell do I start? cooler full of beer sounds good about now:lol:

One of the perks of my Job, free trailers to use whenever :D

104 ft of dock, hope it's enough, this stuff is made locally by Quality Molded Plastics and is about 1/3 the cost of aluminum, supposed to last forever, the legs are galvanized, time will tell I guess.

There's a sea doo lift under there for a buddy of mine as well, I get him the lift for cost, he helps to put together Dad's lift, good deal!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
WOW Busy weekend is an understatement. You should learn from your old man and have your kids start the work around your house you need done. I have a picture when I was about 4 mowing the lawn for my dad. I think he started me a little early...

HOLY $h!T!!! That's a lot of screwin' & boltin'. For what it's worth, the Neumans's lifts are good lifts. We have two. Good Luck!!!

Well the weather on the weekend sucked! wind wind and more wind except for sunday was alright, it was too cold on sat to do anything but sit by the fire, used my quad and trailer to get everything down to the lake and that part went pretty good, instructions for the lift sucked and we were missing some bolts and hardware :pissed:

This is as far as we got on the lift till we ran out of parts :brickwall:

and after putting in the 104 ft of dock it's pretty clear we need atleast 50 ft more

hopfully finish it off the next time out and get the boat put in to stay in, we never did any boating on the weekend, just a little in the ZT to get an idea of the draft of it, never even started the Eluder all weekend...... better luck next time, sure was good on gas anyway

Attachments

• lift.jpg
    lift.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34
  • dock.jpg
    dock.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I like that Style Dock . Im thinking about replacing mine again . Its just to heavy to move around and I put it in by myself most of the time . But I only go out 40 ft ... But when ever I decide to move up there than I will start changing some things ....

I managed to get out of building fence at home tomorrow so it's round 2 of John VS. boat lift, it's been bugging me all week that it never got finished last weekend, gotta work at home the next few weekends so I need to get it all set up so its ready for Ma and Pa to use, I got big plans for the fire pit and beach area there too, one of these weekends I'll get to that, hopefully the rest of the lift and canopy goes good and we got some time left for boating tomorrow.

Big thanks to Sam I am for running out to the Newmans factory outlet and snapping a few pics for me the other day of a 4k cantilever, it all makes sense now in the pics but with just a box of parts and no instructions it's just a guessing game of where everything goes, there were some bolts missing too so that didn't help.

I owe you Sam, they were no help at Newmans, yet I can come here and get pics of one in just one day.:cheers:

I got it finished today :banana: put the boat in the water to do some final adjustments, at that point wife came and informed me that it was 8 pm, kids got school in the morning, we're hungry and when the F are we leaving, with this sort of face :pissed: time flys when your having fun, I though it was around 4pm, LOL, got the bunks set where they need to be but ran out of time on the canopy, need to move it 1 foot forward to be perfect, but its covering it now anyway so I called it done for now and we went to the steak pit for a late supper before driving home, never even had time to snap a pic :shakehead:

Dads heading back up to the lake Friday to finally get some seat time now that its out on the lift :D I'm staying home and building fence the next 2 weekends :sick:

Can't believe we haven't had a chance to get both boats out at the same time yet :irked: I know we will all be there Fathers day weekend, need some good boat time then!

Back