• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Richie' Persuader

That polished out great. Send pics to the previous owner and show him how he could have charged a few more $$$$ with a little elbow grease.

No sweat. I have been staying in touch with the guy, He seemed to me like a nice kid. As far as the polish, Well, Its all in the wet sanding the crap out of the hull. first with 1000 then 1500 all the while making sure all the faded areas are no longer milky when you use the water hose to constantly monitor your progress. then when thats over it time for compounding. i use 3m Perect it compound # 2. And just polish as manytimes till you get the finish you want. I don't worry about swirl marks since I don't have any. All I will do now is wax with a premium product and done. I have been in the auto body business for thirty years so Im pretty good with the polisher. A variable speed machine is the the best way.

Last edited:
Bilge- Before and after. Man it was really nasty in there. Probably the first time it was ever cleaned. Shampoo the rug next then on to the mechanicals and reassembly. :banana:

Attachments

• null-2438.jpg
    null-2438.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 54
  • null-2488.jpg
    null-2488.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 48
Put in new radio and cover. shampooed rug and changed plugs,cap rotor which was never replaced ,gas filter,oil and filter change. discovered a leak in the trim pump reservoir, so I ordered a new one. Replacing the fuel tank sender with a shaft type and then I can finally put all the new outer trim and seats back in and then the outdrive I will do last. Wanted to be do long before now but I am so anal that I just keep finding stuff to do.Pics are coming. :bigthumb:

Wow! You sure are making good time! You plan on leaving the Miss Behavin' on there? The kid told us the story when a friend and I went to look at the boat. Great work.

Thanks dude. Yeah I thought I would be further along, but if you saw what she looked like you would understand. The kid seemed nice enough but wether he realized it or not there was a lot of stuff wrong with her and the biggest being neglect. But that's ok I knew what I was getting into. It's not like I haven't done this before with countless cars. Now I'm just doing it with boats. This one is my second.

I can't believe you actually trusted that trailer. I'd be sweating bullets for the entire haul. Keep up the fantastic work.

I knew the trailer would hold . But my biggest concern was getting stopped by police because I forgot my plate and the obviously bad and visually unsafe appearance of the trailer . When I am finally done with it and ready for its maiden voyage I have mint roller for to ride on from then on.

A few more mechanicals and reinstall rails and all new stainless stations and bow light and stern light receptacle the trim then she will be ready for her maiden voyage at the lake and ride on her new trailer. Pulled her out of the shop yesterday for a quick pic. Makes my wife's truck look like a toy. I have also someone working on new custom decals to replace the originals.

Attachments

• null-875.jpg
    null-875.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 41
A few more mechanicals and reinstall rails and all new stainless stations and bow light and stern light receptacle the trim then she will be ready for her maiden voyage at the lake and ride on her new trailer. Pulled her out of the shop yesterday for a quick pic. Makes my wife's truck look like a toy. I have also someone working on new custom decals to replace the originals.

You are making great time with this project.
Can't wait to see this Persuader sittin in the water.

Finally after butting all the trim back on and doing all the engine tune -up stuff. my brother and I replaced the trim pump resivoir and finally started her up. I haven't her this engine since I dragged her up from south carolina in april. She sounds real nice and shines like new. the interior is what kills it for me but it will have to wait till the season is over and I find a good upholsterer now that it seems original check interiors are quite possibly not possible any more. here is a couple of videos i putt up yesterday. yes the fat guy is me..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fue9drLXmSYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3QH3CcBuNo

JUst recieved new fuel sender. Once this is in I can finally put the interior back together and all that I have left for now is the registration. Getting; close,Real close. :banana:

Attachments

• null-478.jpg
    null-478.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 9
Back