• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Richie' Persuader

Well, I know I haven't kept this thread up but time has been short around here. It is what it is. Anyways I did manage to get her on the water a couple of weekends ago even though I had not finished the maintanece stuff first (way to anxious I guess). turns out the shifter cable was out of adjustment and she would not fully engage forward gear. Very funny that whole outing was . I would put the hammer down and the nose would rise but she went nowhere. Any foward motion was simply from the thru hull (throw hole) exhaust that is below the waterline on my boat. So got her back home ripped off the drive and did what I should of done first instead of focusing first on getting her shined up. Backwards I know but She was just to ugly to look at lol. Now except for the shifter situation which I describe on another thread she is finally ready to throw down at the lake. I am hoping for this weekend to finally see what she has to give me for all the love I've shown. Here is just a few pics I've shot sofa.

Attachments

• null-1068.jpg
    null-1068.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 17
  • null-2492.jpg
    null-2492.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
  • null-2121.jpg
    null-2121.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 15
The first one is her first time wet.
The second is me with a dumb look on my face.
Lastly. Ready to go back in and run this time.
And yes, I do have the new trailer for it just haven't finished installing the bunks and brackets and stuff. Took me awhile to figure out how to go about the conversion but you guys here have helped me a lot with your feedback. I'll get er done........:thumb:

Attachments

• 20130628_160122.jpg
    20130628_160122.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 25
  • null-924.jpg
    null-924.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
  • null-1739.jpg
    null-1739.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 28
Looking good Rich. Your Persuader was lucky to get picked up by a guy that really cares about it like you do. Nice to see a Checkmate get brougt back to its original form. Very nice job. Them stripes pop right out lookin sweet and the shot at the dock with that Persuader swag is nice.:thumb:

Looking good Rich. Your Persuader was lucky to get picked up by a guy that really cares about it like you do. Nice to see a Checkmate get brougt back to its original form. Very nice job. Them stripes pop right out lookin sweet and the shot at the dock with that Persuader swag is nice.:thumb:

Thanks dude. Yeah I kinda like that shot too. Also, Boat's of the type that we all have are really not being made anymore so to me its like restoring a classic car.

Nice job on the restoration!!:thumb: Amazing what some cleaning and buffing will do the gel coat!! I never understood why people don't take better care of their boats.:shakehead:

I hear ya! I knew this thing was neglected big time when I first saw it. Knowing I would be fixing a lot of little stuff. I just made sure the engine was sound. And it was. Obviously needing a tune -up. And since we didnt test drive it. To check that the gear oil is clean and that it shifts. Next time I buy a boat I will need to drive it first like I did the first one I had. Bottom line is that all the stuff aside from the usual maintenance stuff that needed doing, I just don't understand how you let seat bolts for example get so loose they fall off . Batteries not secured. stuff like that really kills me. Its like people who buy a brand new car and just drive and put gas in it and thats it for as long as they own it . I don't think this thing had been even washed for 2 or 3 years....let me stop.... Im ranting....:brickwall:

Ok now that I'm calm. Yeah. All I need know is to over the winter is redo the interior. I was thinking in the same colors as now, but in the pattern that Checkmate did the later persuaders. And replace the rug and do the floor as there is a soft spot on the port side of the ski locker. Then she will be as new. Yay! Then maybe in a couple of years If the Lord will it, Ill step up to my final goal of something in the 25ft range. But it has to be old school like a classic convinsor. Yeah! :banana:

Back